Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Today was a great day. Beautiful weather. I took the kids for a walk this afternoon while Paul cooked dinner. Several random strangers wished me a happy mother's day. Love was in the air. Everyone was outside. Everyone was pleasing their mothers by getting along and being together. This year was particularly special for me because...
Paul officially completed his first year of PhD course work yesterday. There were times he honestly didn't think he would make it through the year. I have never seen him work so hard. He rode the bus everyday and worked long hours. He persevered and feels good about the next 4 years.



Hooray Dad!


Ruthie said "mine" today. That is when I truly realized my baby is in nursery.


David was so excited to go up on stage and sing with the primary children. He waved and smiled at ME the whole time. At the end when the kids sang, I love you. He pointed his finger right at Me. It was the most touching moment of my day.

2 comments:

jaordyna said...

What great kids! You are a wonderful mother, Cyndi! There are sooo many things I glean from you. I'll just keep workin at it.
Way to go Paul! How long do you get to relax before he starts in again? Just the weekend?

Mrs. Wright said...

I admire you guys for plugging along through school no matter how hard it's been! Your example is truly needed in the world! =0)