David is 5 now. He is a boy. Thank goodness for him. He brings such joy to us. He has his own room now. We separated David and Eden. This is the first time he has slept by himself in a room. He has a night light. He loves having all his toys in his own room. I think boys rooms are easier to keep clean than girls. I can clean David's room in 10 minutes. He just has toys. The girls room takes me hours. They have books, crafts, sticker, papers, clothes (so many clothes on the floor), knick knacks, items from the bathroom, etc. It is a mess in there. David is also much easier to clean. He can be in and out of the bath in minutes (although he prefers to stay in until his hands turn wrinkly). There is no fuss with his hair, clothes, underwear, socks or shoes. He wears whatever I give him. 
A few funny things he has said recently:
Me: "Oh boy, you are only allowed to go to the bathroom if Daddy goes with you."
David:" Mom, I swallowed my lego hat. The little one, to my man. It is stuck in my neck."
Me: "Oh no. Does it hurt? Drink some water. What was the hat doing in your mouth?"
David: "Just cut off my head and get the hat out of my neck."
Me: "We do not talk to or go anywhere with strangers. David, what do you say if you are in the bathroom and someone asks you to play some video games with them?"
David: " I say YES!"
Me: "Oh no. Does it hurt? Drink some water. What was the hat doing in your mouth?"
David: "Just cut off my head and get the hat out of my neck."
(On the way to the children's museum, reviewing some safety rules)
Me: "We do not talk to or go anywhere with strangers. David, what do you say if you are in the bathroom and someone asks you to play some video games with them?"
David: " I say YES!"
1 comment:
That is the funniest thing ever. I love it!
Post a Comment