Sunday, July 15, 2012

One week

David & Benjamin
                                    We have been home one week.  One long week...look how cute they are though.
Sam & Ben
 The boys have both lost their cords, sleeping 4-5 hour stretches, nursing and taking bottles.  Tandem nursing is not going so well.  I nurse them one at a time...which means all I basically do is nurse.  I am trying to find a balance of nursing, pumping and bottle feeding which will actually work once my mom leaves.  It is still surreal to have twins.  I have twins!
Sam & Ben
Sam is a hot head.  He gets mad quickly and his whole body turns red.  When he wakes up, he wants to eat!  Ben is more calm and patient.  He sleeps better and doesn't stir as much as Sam.  Ben looks like an old man.  He has no fat to fill all those wrinkles in.  We think Sam looks likes Eden as a baby and Ben looks like David as a baby.  They have different cries. They obviously look very different, so it has been easy to tell them apart. 

                 Both are very good babies.  I cannot complain.  They eat, poop and sleep well...what more could I ask for.     

6 comments:

Bob and Julie said...

I sooooo wish I was there to hold these little guys!!! I laughed at how Ben is a hot head. No wonder Ben was almost a pound heavier than Sam!!....dude...chill at bit...you can have the extra food...my ears are killing me!! Wouldn't it be awesome if we could just have a glimpse through the veil to see the relationship between these two before they came...ha!

I sooo agree that you have a mini Eden and mini David again. That is actually the first thing I thought when I saw them!! You are so blessed. It's funny because now they're here, it's just automatic that they've been with you all along. All the other pictures without them seem empty....WELCOME to the family!! =D

Kelly Fam said...

Finally!!! Pictures. (although I can't complain... since I have seen them via Facetime.. still your camera captures them good). I cannot believe how amazing you look in that picture before delivery. That shirt (your welcome), looks great on you! I loved your delivery post too. Such a wonderful time. We can't wait to meet these boys. They will be too big by the time we see them.

Holly said...

You are surviving! Way to go--that is no easy task! Sam & Ben are so adorable. It is fun to see their different personalities and temperaments. I wish I was there to snuggle them myself. I am thinking of your sweet family often, cheering you on!

Jamie said...

Man oh man...you got some cuties there! It's good to hear that things are going okay so far....we pray for you and your family everyday. Honestly, I don't know how you do it with 3 other kiddos too! You're my hero!

Give those babies hugs and kisses for us!

Keli said...

I am so happy for you! They are just precious and I can't wait to see more pictures :)

Steven and Kristin said...

Congratulations! They are so sweet! We think of you often.