Thursday, December 13, 2012

5 months

Sam & Ben


The twins turned 5 months last week. I don't have a endearing picture of them this month.  Now that Sam has lost his hair, it is harder to tell them apart.  Ben is rolling over.  He has gotten himself stuck under the Christmas tree a few times.  Sam is not rolling over.  He just lies around looking at his hands.  They both love to be on the play mat or bouncy seat and grab dangling toys.  Both boys are very happy babies.  They love to sit on my lap.  They both smile and laugh a lot.  As of right now, it is easier to get Ben to laugh and smile than Sam. 
They are constantly chewing their fists.  If I leave the room their eyes follow me and they cry (unless someone else is there to entertain them).  The kids are always trying to scare them.  They think it is so funny to see the babies jump.

Today I was in a store at the checkout counter.  Ben was screaming, Sam was asleep.  Some people came over to help.  I nodded at their "your hands are full" comments (which made me smile because I didn't even have my other 3 kids with me...so I was actually enjoying myself).  I was not frazzled but I could tell other people were concerned.  A woman commented, "how do you do it?"  I nicely said, "just be glad only one is crying."  

I'm glad the twins came last.  I've learned a trick...head phones!  When the twins are in their crib and start crying.  I turn the timer on and put my headphones on.  Then in 15 minutes I take them off to see if they are still crying.  90% of the time there is quietness.  Much better than laying on the floor crying while Eden screamed when she was 5 months.   


These 5 months have been so fun. They are so cute!

No comments: