Sunday, March 3, 2013

Big Accomplishment

David received ALL green smiley faces in the month of February!  This is a big accomplishment for him.  He has been in kindergarten for 6 months and usually doesn't make it a week without a yellow marks.  He is excited to get a purple ticket on Monday.  I think he is starting to understand the rules and what is expected of him.  High five David.  

In other news.  The kids are working on filling their button jar to earn a family movie night in the tent (inside).  As encouragement to keep going, we watched a little bit of Anne of Green Gables tonight.  Once the popcorn was finished, David was gone.  The babies crawled around finding the tiniest things to put in their mouths and Ruthie kept asking a million questions.  These kids literally take ALL my energy.  Every night I am amazed at how tired I am.  I feel like I could sleep for the rest of winter.  They are so darn cute though.  I am trying to enjoy the moment and not wish away their childhood.  

Since I am too tired to even get out of this chair- I will continue.  We had a special stake conference today.  It is always nice to gather with other Saints and feel of the spirit.  Stake conference is all about endurance, I am prepared to handle the kids for 70 minutes during sacrament meeting.  Today after an hour pasted I felt like I was going to explode.  I was hot, the chairs were so hard (when did they get so hard?!), my church bag exploded on the floor, all the kids wanted to sit on my lap...it was just really long.  I was so tired.

Here's the deal.  Everyone has their own trials.  People deal with things all the time, things you can't see or hear.  Things that aren't so obvious.  I have come to understand the importance of not judging others.  On Sunday I like to watch families, I wonder what their week was like.  What their lives look like.  Then I think about myself.  Some weeks I feel blessed and thank the Lord for my amazing life.  Some weeks I sit in the chapel and just think about how tired I am.  I have realized how stress makes you so tired.  It also makes you selfish.  It is really hard to look past yourself when you are stressed.

I'll stop rambling now.  I am so thankful for pictures.  I love to look at snapshots and remember the good.  They give me perspective and help me love my children so much more.  It's easy to see how cute they are in a picture.

1 comment:

Kanien said...

Cyndi, you are incredible! I am so glad that we are friends! I have learned so much from you and your example. You are the best!