Saturday, October 19, 2013

Boiler Half Marathon

Today I did something grand.  I ran 13.1 miles.  It was cold.  Very cold.  It rained about the first 5 miles.  I stepped in a puddle at mile 7.  Wet feet = bad news.  Nothing got me down though.  In fact, my feet did surprisingly well.  Maybe there is something to be said about moisture-wicking fabric.

I trained and ran with two of my best friends.  I've had a great time training.  We were prepared.  I had a lot of fun.  I enjoy races.  I love being able to run and not worry about cars or stop lights.  I like the water.  I like people cheering.  I like watching other runners.  I like being a part of something.  I like accomplishing something physically hard. 

My body is not the shape I want.  I should say, it is a LARGER shape then I would like.  Today when I was running I thought about my children.  All 5 of them lived in my body and came out!  I am still alive and running for pete's sake.  That is pretty amazing.
    

2 comments:

Spence and Car said...

way to go! 5kids and still running, with a double stroller no less. you are amazing!

Lydia said...

You are amazing!! Nice job on your race!!!