Monday, March 16, 2015

Dance with Dads

Annual Dance with Dad's in February at Amelia Earhart Elementary.  This is Eden's FAVORITE event.  She really wanted to be fancy this year.  I told her she had $20.  She found this dress on Amazon for $9.99 and we got the shrug for $6 at the mall.  She wanted to get new shoes but after looking she realized that $4 wasn't going to cut it and she wore some she had.  Paul got her a corsage, which made the evening magical!  If you know Eden, you know she had her hair style picked out for weeks.  Since I was in charge of curling her hair...yeah, that didn't turn out the way she wanted but she was gracious and didn't complain.

 Eden and Paul enter the dance contest every year.  This year Eden was determined to make it to the finals (Paul just goes along) but it wasn't meant to be.  Apparently, they were tapped out at the first round.  I think it was a mistake!  I know my children are regular/normal children but Eden shines on a dance floor.  She said she tried not to cry but she did shed a few tears.
 These two can't stay down for long.  They had a grand time.    

9 years old

2 comments:

Bob and Julie said...

I have to say that I got a little emotional reading this and looking at beautiful Eden. I love how much she cares about things. I love that she found her own dress and really made things work in a budget - wow!! She is brilliant and talented...and truly BEAUTIFUL - inside and out!! Paul is the best dad too. I love how he supports Eden in everything - even dancing contests!!. (And I know he's not the best dancer - just saying - teehee)

Marianne said...

So beautiful Eden....and Paul...you look very dapper as well! Congrats big time on your new job! We are so happy for you two!