Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Coming Home

Paul departed today. He is driving across the country with Eden. With a new barbie and a bag of toys Eden was not sad to leave. Children live for the present; a piece of gum, a kite, or a sticker book can change sad into happy. Saying goodbye only becomes sad when you think beyond tomorrow.


For the next 36 hours I anxiously await to be together with them. Tomorrow David and I will fly home, I will pray. Safe and sound. That's all I ask for.
Uncle Bradley and David on the long board

We have had SO much fun in Utah and Oregon. Time has flown by and yet I almost can't remember Mississippi. I imagine the suffocating humidity and buzzing of bugs, I am trying to prepare myself. It will be good to be home. Although my kids will realize I am the most boring mom in the world and no longer be satisfied with trips to Wal-Mart and the occasional city pool.

Thank you to all of our family. We love you. We absolutely loved spending time with you. It is a grand blessing to have such wonderful family on both sides who we adore and only wish we lived closer to.

6 comments:

*liSa* said...

I know I'm great:)and You're welcome! haha
It was a joy spending time with you!

Kelly Fam said...

We already miss you. But I'm not too sad, since i'll see you in a couple months! Yeah!!!!! I meant to call you earlier this morning. I didn't know what time your flight left, but I know I called too late. I'll try to get a hold of you tomorrow. love ya.

Steven and Kristin said...

I hope your trip home went well for all of you. We sure loved being able to see you again. You are an amazing family. We can't wait to see your newest addition!!

Lisa said...

Thanks for stopping by to see us. We love you guys! Good family is such a blessing and we are so happy you had such a great time in UT and Oregon. We are excited for that new little baby to join your fantastic family!

Candice Baird said...

It was great to see your cute face and darling kids. Thanks for the yummy lotion for my birthday! I love the smell. I hope you had a great birthday and a great time here.
I totally laughed when you said you were a boring mom because all you do is go to wal-mart and the pool, because that is all we do around here too. All though sometimes we spice it up and go to Macey's and the kids get to ride in the cool car carts. LOL
LOVE YA and wish you lived here!

Jamie said...

I hope you're adjusting to being back home...I feel like I'm still in recovery mode...and I wasn't away as long as you!! The other day I had to run to the mall to get the boys new shoes...I'd swear I was in a foreign town! I seriously could not remember the lay-out of my local mall!! How'd I forget that so easily?!