Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Quick trips

Before Paul went back to school we took two day trips. On Wednesday we went to the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago. It was AMAZING. Since it was a free day we didn't pay anything but if we had paid it would have been well worth it.
David's favorite: planes, trains, tractors, explosion workshop
Eden's favorite: The Christmas trees around the world and the mirrors where she could see herself dance in.
Ruth's favorite: children playland with water, balls and a little slide.
Cyndi's favorite: The whisper display . Paul whispered "you're hot" and I could it loud and clear across the room.
Paul's favorite: the real-life submarine

After the museum my darling (former) mission companion watched the children while we went to the temple. Her husband is going to Northwestern University and I am so happy to have her close. She is one of my favorite people in the entire world.
* sleeping on the way home*

The next day we went to Linton, Indiana to visit Grandma Dorthy and her daughter.
The kids loved visiting and playing with some toys Diana had. Grandma is doing well. She has a wonderful separate room and bath. Grandma still has her humor and her muscles. She rocked David for 1/2 hour.

*Thank you Grandma for the treasures you gave us.

3 comments:

Mrs. Wright said...

What?!...Paul's back in school? I thought he was done? How much longer? =0) Do you ask him that all the time?! ha!

Rick and Angie said...

I'm sooo happy you were able to visit Grandma (and post pics!) Please give her a HUGE hug and kiss from our family! I really want to travel out there to see her... :0) LOVES XOXOXO

jaordyna said...

What great trips- way to make memories! It IS fun to see pictures of Grandma.