The messes, demanding, screaming, fighting, teasing, crying, hitting, throwing, talking, NOT LISTENING. What is happening? I seriously can’t control my three children.
I have normal children. They are a product of my parenting....which I guess sucks.
This winter is really doing a number on us. I have been going to bed at 8:30pm and waking up exhausted. My bones need warmth. The kids are sick.
Yesterday about killed me.
I was at the doctor’s office for 2 hours. Ruth rolling around on the floor…screaming. David jumping on the office desk…. throwing his airplanes and spitting. Eden nagging, pulling and touching my face trying to get me to listen to her.
Then…the pharmacy took another 2 hours. I left empty handed as the nurse never got our prescription right. After waiting in the LONG line THREE times (with 3 kids, mind you) I was told to come back tomorrow. 5:00pm came around and my very helpful nurse became very Unhelpful.
As I was relaying my day to Paul he was laughing. I was laughing too.
I am smiling.
I just figured it out…it’s the doctor’s visits.
Last week David split his lip open. He ended up going into surgery at the hospital later that week. We also recently learned Eden needs oral surgery to remove her back molar. Apparently it never came through and is anchored to the bone.
Hospitals + drilling + doctor’s chairs + boogers = me feeling out of control, inpatient and unable to control my children.
Thanks for this therapeutic chat.
* Eden & David trying to take a picture.
9 comments:
I'm serious when I tell you- Mental institution is the answer! Clean padded walls, straight jacket, meals brought in...I beg John to send me (and sometimes he's all for it:)
oh Cyndi that sounds so much like every day for us. As frustrating as it gets (almost every day) it's S nice to know that my kids aren't the only ones that act like that. . .
You poor Mom. And your poor kids. I hope everything goes well for them and their recoveries. I really feel for you. I hope you have a better day tomorrow. You're wonderful parents. We love you.
Cyndi -- let someone, i.e. me, watch the kids not going to the doc's office so that you don't have to wrangle three. I would be very happy doing that for you!
And I get you about the winter and the weather. I want to go to the park so bad and just not have to be cold.
Right now I am sick with flu in bed and Hans is taking care of the kids and it sounds just like this post. "stop fighting, stop hitting, clean up, share..." etc. I'm glad I'm in here -- not there!
I'm so sorry about your day! You are a good mom! 3 kids is hard. It will get better! xo
Being a mom is the hardest job you'll ever love!
my kids have days like that without being sick or spending time at the doctors. :)
Cyndi, you are amazing. just think, soon they will all be in school... and maybe you will have some quiet for a few hours during the day. ;)
Wow, that would try even the patience of a Saint (which you are, right:)) That's a horribly long day of no fun. It's the exception not the norm, right?
I feel your pain on this post. Girl, 3 kids is whoopin' my tail big time. Miss y'all!
Post a Comment