Saturday, March 10, 2012

Twin boys

We were completely surprised to find out there are twin boys inside my belly!
Here is Paul's version:

Cyndi asked me to go to the ultrasound to find out the sex of the baby. So, Eden, I and Mommy went to the doctor’s office last Wednesday. We checked in and they led us back to the ultrasound room. While Cyndi was getting ready, the secretary came back and asked us if we had brought our insurance card. Cyndi said that she had left it in the car and I volunteered to go get it. While I was gone, the technician put the ultrasound stick on Cyndi’s belly to get an preliminary shot of the baby. Two heads immediately popped on the screen (which Cyndi saw) and the technician immediately said, Umm, “let’s wait for your husband to get back before we start.” When I returned the technician asked us if we had a history of twins in our family? We said “No” and then she said, “well, there’s two of them in there.” I immediately started to unravel internally. Outwardly, I just sat there stunned and speechless, but internally, a feeling of fear and denial started growing uncontrollably. After she informed us of the babies are boys, I started interrogating the technician in an effort to discover some flaw or defect in her diagnosis. Cyndi could tell I was about to lose it so she tried to calm me down. Flatly, I am still shocked! As you can probably figure out, I am already a marginal parent taking care of two girls and boy. But, by adding twin boys to the mix, I have serious reservations to my ability to parent successfully, not to mention my ability to maintain my sanity. To make matters worse, I am not even carrying the babies. That’s Cyndi’s job. Obviously, she has it way worse than I do, so I need to get my act together. Since Wednesday, I have come to terms with the idea of having twins. I would be lying if I were to say I am not excited. I am still worried about the financial challenges twins bring, but wrestling twin boys sounds like a lot of fun. Even today, I spent most of church daydreaming about them, thinking of names and playing the role of “proud papa” to my friends.

5 comments:

Sweet / Sour Grandparents said...

From one Happy Budda to another, may I tell you how happy Mom and I are for you and your sweet family. From what little experience we have had, we want you to know that things will start settling out for you guys after the twins reach four or five. And, by then, who knows, grandchild 39 may help you forget about the twins.

Jamie said...

Paul...you are so funny! We are excited for you guys...and I'd say that we were pretty shocked for you two too!! :)

Paul, just say "Cyndi, how can I help?" and do whatever she needs....seriously! IF you really are a "marginal" parent (and I doubt that) she will DEFINITELY steer you in the right direction! Cyndi is already amazing....follow her lead and you've totally got this!!!

And for names....hmmmm...I think Mom and Dad's S.R. and J.R. was cute! (the "senior," "junior" thing)

Bob and Julie said...

First off...Paul you are the most AMAZING DAd!! I think you are going to be absolutely perfect. Heavenly Father wouldn't send you these two unless he had complete confidence in your abilities!!

Second...how can you say that twins don't run in your family? Did you realize that you have twin brothers?? I realize that I tried to deny it and said that they were girls for years...but...I didn't realize you had it so bad too ---haahaa!! =D

And last of all...yes, the JR and SR worked out great...and I love their names...but...I must tell on them....their original was to name them Pete and Repete....uhhh?? Teehee.

I am really excited for you and your family. You really are better than you realize. I love how you smile and laugh at life's twists and turns. You both have a lot of love. Love and laughter...I think that is the only way to make it through having twin BOYS!!

Spence and Car said...

wholy cow!!!! i am in so much shock right now!!! ah so crazy. but those twin boys are going to the best parents in the world!

jaordyna said...

Cyndi, you look sooo great! I hope you are feeling well! I have been thinking about you and hoping for the best. You and Paul are so cute together.