Monday, November 5, 2012
4 years difference
I was taking head shots of the kids the other day. I told Paul to take one of me. So I went outside and stood by the fence. Today I uploaded pictures and saw myself. Doesn't this picture look familiar? Ummm...it's my profile picture taken exactly 4 years ago. OH MY GOODNESS! The same hair cut, same style of earrings, same lip gloss, practically same background...I just look older. More wrinkles, more tired, not as much sun, I swear my roots even look a little grey.
Ok, besides the fact that I now look a lot older...big deal. Let's talk about how I possibly could be stuck in an era. Almost every women gets stuck. She tends to hold on to her style from a time when she thinks she looked the best. Usually 20's or 30's. You know, the 40 year lady who wears those chunky clogs that were really cool in 1995?
Is this my era?! How do you not get stuck? What if I want to get stuck? Maybe I should cut my bangs straight across. Is that not cool anymore? But when they grow out I am back in my usual look again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I think you are gorgeous and since I am from the same era, I think you look great! I have no advice, other than that you are beautiful in and out and that is all that really matters. And, if you really feel the need to change, don't do what the younger girls do (lots of todays styles are so ugly), look to classy ladies that you respect and follow them
I don't even know which picture is older and which is younger! Haha! You look fabulous, and I think your style is cute, certain styles never go out!
LOL that so true that everyone gets stuck in an era!
What era is yoga pants and no make-up? I'm stuck in that one. :)
You do look beautiful in both.
I don't think you are in a rut...I think you are just stinkin' cute! Also, I don't think you look older..you seem to me not to have aged....I wish I looked the same way I did 4 years ago!!!
I would embrace it. I think you look fantastic.
You are an amazing, beautiful woman. You would tell me if I'm stuck in an era. I'm letting my bangs grow out. I hope I can make it to the point I can put them behind my ears. I've never done it my whole life.
Post a Comment