Wednesday, July 14, 2010

4th of July

The 4th of July is my favorite holiday. Provo is the place to be! Lisa, Dad & I ran in the Freedom Run.

Then we headed over to the parade where Bradley (my brother) and his friends had stayed up all night to save spots for us. What troopers.

The Provo Temple float! This is why I love being in Utah. They also had the Nauvoo temple float and all the missionaries in the Utah Provo mission walk down the street. The whole crowd stood and cheered as they passed. It is the BEST part of the parade.
Paul promised to take the morning off and not study for the BAR. It was
nice to be together as a family. We don't see much of Paul these days.
We also spent the weekend with the Ordynas. Fireworks, food, basketball,
performances by the girls, talking and enjoying the weather. Dan & Holly were in town. Their kids are so awesome. Joe & Julynn also came, it was so fun to have a big family get together. Joe announced he took a job in Arizona and will be moving at the end of the month (more on that later).
Aubryn & Kambree with Ruth.
Ruth loves the blackbeans at Cafe Rio.
P.S. I am no longer a blonde.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Whoa...what little I could see of your hair looked great! You can't just leave us hanging on the edge of our seats wanting to see the whole effect of what you've done....show us pictures!!!

Also, your post about Utah/4th of July/and envisioning everyone clapping when the missionaries walked by got me choked up!

Lisa said...

Provo is the place to be on the 4th! I am amazed that you can just up and run in a race with no training. Even a 1 miler would cause me tears. Ruthie is so sweet in that last Cafe Rio picture!

V said...

It's crazy you are no longer a blond...but you look gorgeous as a burnette.
I can't believe you ran the Freedom Run in Provo. So did I! I haven't seen you in years, I wish I would've keep my eyes open it would've been wonderful to see you. :)