Say hello to the front of our 1925 house.
You know how sometimes when you have SO MUCH to say, you would rather just not say anything at all?
That's how I feel. I wish I could skip what has been happening and jump into a mundane blog post. What's the point of having a blog then? I must record a few things because when I'm 54 years old and Eden asks me how I moved my family into a house 85 years old, no dishwasher, 2 bedrooms and a creepy leaky basement...I can answer with this brief post.
So far...we LOVE the house.
Glad to be renting though...because we are so broke...it's almost not funny. To say you have $10 in your savings account sounds absurd; we may or may not have that much. I'm not telling.
The house is roomy and open. Hard wood floors. Practically no closet space, therefore if we are not immediately using it...it goes in a tub in the creepy basement. We are literally one block away from an AMAZING park, a pond with a train around it, a FREE zoo and a small water park. All the streets have sidewalks (Hallelujah!! sorry Mississippi). It is flat and perfect for bike riding. The bus system is awesome. Purdue is infested with one-way streets. I am not a fan.
That's pretty much it. Everyone is super friendly, although I am homesick for familiarity.
I hope it comes soon.
11 comments:
i love the front of the house. very cute. i'm with you on the one way streets... a couple of them, totally okay, but a lot of them... well hopefully you'll get use to it. thanks for posting your cute house and some of the things about Lafayette. i hope to visit sooner than later
It's definitely a cute house. We just had a family move into my ward who came from Lafayette and Purdue.
Cyndi,
The house is super cute!!! I wish i could of came and helped you moved in. Don't worry i'll visit you at least once!
I wish people could enter into the real front of the house, but at least they can enter in some way or another.
Glad everything went smoothly.
How awesome is that? to have a free water park and train to ride just right down the road.
Love ya sis and let me know if you want to skype!
Wow! Glad to hear you're getting settled. Sorry about the creepy basement. When I asked you how many bedrooms you were going to have out there, I just figured it was an apartment or something. That's so great to have the yard of a house... as well as the great parks nearby. We hope familiarity comes quickly. You all are amazing!
Indiana looks like fun. ") But we miss you guys!
Seriously Cyndi, you should write a column for the newspaper, I always enjoy reading what you write. You are so entertaining!
aww the house is so cute! I hope the move went as smooth as moves can be. Trust me you will find tons of ways to be creatively storing things in a small space. It's hard but you can do it. I hope everything else is great!
Love it!!! You have a HOUSE!!!! :) Even if it is creepy and creaky at times....maybe it's haunted with Casper the Friendly Ghost!!...nah :) I really do miss Lafayette. Maybe I'll come visit you in February....just for old times sake :)
What an adorable house! Although, the kiddos are even more adorable! Good luck with the transition. They always take time. We love you!
The house is darling! I am sorry about the closet space issue, but good thing for creepy leaky basements and tupperware! Good luck starting a new chapter in your lives. So excited for you guys and your bikes and sidewalks. Mississippi needed a bit more of that! We love ya and know you will do awesome and make wonderful memories!
Oh I can't wait to chat with you and get a more detailed update! Your home is so pretty and yippeee to sidewalks!!!
What a great house, it's all about location, you know, so don't worry about the basement. You can think of it as a free storage unit with easy access. I have a feeling that in the not too distant future, that house will contain many fond memories. ENJOY!
Post a Comment