I don't remember being UNHAPPY. I was simply relaxing, enjoying the quietness in my new robe. But I look so sad. I look mad. I look exhausted. I look depressed.
This year I am turning 30...which honestly, already has me feeling down. I can feel a mid-life crisis creeping up. I can see myself ordering Cindy Crawford's anti-aging line. Becoming a regular customer at QVC for jump suits & Marie Osmond dolls. I still have 7 good months in my 20's. So, why is this bothering me?
I usually have a talent for seeing the good in situations. I can see beyond the moment and take faith in the future. So, why can't I see it now? Why do I look so old in the mirror? Why do I care so much about how I look? I assumed the older I got...the less I would worry about what I looked like. Oh, I was wrong.
I usually have a talent for seeing the good in situations. I can see beyond the moment and take faith in the future. So, why can't I see it now? Why do I look so old in the mirror? Why do I care so much about how I look? I assumed the older I got...the less I would worry about what I looked like. Oh, I was wrong.
In 2011 I want to be happy in my face.
( I should probably add: less self-centered too)
9 comments:
You are so funny. I know you probably weren't trying to be funny, but I enjoyed reading this post...it amused me. Especially the part about QVC- I am still giggling. You did look a bit like you needed that three hour rest, but I don't think you looked mad. Being a mom is exhausting sometimes!
On our last trip to UT, it came up that you would be the final sister-in-law to reach thirty. I can tell you from experience that it isn't so bad! I don't feel any different than I did two years ago! Try not to let it get you down.
P.S. I don't think you're self-centered!
I love this post.
You do look so sad though. Even the peace sign adds a touch of nostalgia.
For the record, I saw you days ago and years ago and you don't look like you've aged...at all!
I haven't really thought about "30" much. I hit it 2 months before you so I'll let you know how it goes.
I just like you a lot
P.S. 30s not so bad. Look all you've done in 30 years! And you're a super hot mama. No worries:)
oh cyndi. its crazy this thing called age. and i totally agree with the cyndi crawford age defying creams....i have to admit a week before my birthday i had a coupon for some age cream and i have used the cream everyday since....but to be honest you rock, and its ok to sit on the couch and do nothing, its hard to actually do nothing when your a mom...let alone a mom of 3 energetic kids. love and miss you.
I think you are gorgeous! And, to me, the picture is hilarious--just a mama needing some "peace." It's good to know I'm not the only one who needs that occasionally!
Cynd,...you make me laugh! I enjoyed reading your commentary of the observations you had of this picture. I'm sure you'll look back on it and laugh too! I still look up to you even though you think your celf-centered and look unhappy in this picture and this picture only. =0) Love ya!
You make me laugh! Being a couch potato is totally fine!! 8 PM can't come soon enough in my house most days!
Cracking me up! LOVE YOUR POST! I love wearing my robe too, I'm always cold so I usually wear it 1/2 the day! ha
Post a Comment