We have reached the famous 6 week mark! The week you receive medical clearance from your doctor. The week you can enter the world of work & daycare. 6 weeks also brings increased fussiness. You are not only allowed but expected to now come out in public. Am I ready? Yes and no. I have been inside for awhile, some fresh air will be nice. I am not ready to greet strangers who smoother my babies with germs and questions. I am not ready to hear the familiar comments: "twins, are they identical?", "You are busy", "Are these all yours?". I feel like everyone stares at me. Listens to my every word and watches my every move. I know I am being sensitive. I am not friendly. I do not want to talk to strangers. I don't want to chat with the lady in the grocery line...because I am trying to keep track of Eden dancing, David sneaking toys in the cart, Ruthie opening gum and 2 babies from crying.
Having children has made me less tolerate. I am not as patient and considerate as I used to be. In fact, I'm pretty self absorbed at the moment. One day I will be able to look above my own self and see others. Right now I am surviving and that has to be good enough for me.
I am ready to tackle another 6 weeks.
5 comments:
They are just such precious little boys! They change so quickly... I can't believe they're already sitting in the Boppy!
You're doing great! I wish we were so closer, so that I could help you out.
Oops... I mean Bumbo!
Congrats on the first six weeks! Sounds like you are doing a great job! Your babies are cute!
Cyndi I can't believe it has been 6 weeks and those babies have only been to my house what 3 times! You need to let me take them more, it is too quiet here I could use some noise.
You are Amazing!
I love reading your blog. I love how you express sentiments we all feel (although I've never felt them to 5 kids or twin level :)
They are incredibly handsome. Keep going!
I also wish I lived closer so I could help.
Post a Comment