Thursday, September 13, 2007

Greatest job...being a MOM

For an awesome talk about being a mom:
http://www.byubroadcasting.org/findatalk/details.asp?ID=5372

My cute neighbor sent me this link and I watched the 20 minute video. Once you listen to it you will see what a great talk it is. Anyway, yesterday I went to my first "Law Wifes" meeting. It was fun to mingle, eat and meet new people. For the first time, I had one of those experiences that I had always heard of. One girled turned to me and said, "What do you do?" It seemed that all eyes were on me as I had already mentioned that I have two children. Other questions were asked about how we pay our bills and why we came to Mississippi. As the social came to an end the girls whipped out their stylist cell phones and started exchanging numbers. I pulled out my pen that Eden chewed the end of and wrote down all their numbers and names on the top of my "to go" box. They walked to their cute little cars and I to my mini van, I came home and was never so happy as to be a mom!

3 comments:

Janice said...

You are so right...best job ever!! I havent watched the video yet for times sake but I will later...thanks for sharing!!

Kelly Fam said...

I did finally get a chance to listen to that talk. It is a good one. Have you read her book? so true about being a mom... some days my house never gets the minimal cleaning just because I end up playing with Josie ALL DAY!

Huntsmans said...

I'm not a mom, but I can say that being a parent sure does have its perks! thanks for sharing. It's always interesting to see the world outside of good ol' Utah.