Monday, October 1, 2007

Fire Ants

Whose afraid of these little ants? We are!



On Saturday I was giving Paul a hair cut on our back patio. The kids were playing and David crawled over to the grass and placed his hand on it. Literally 15 seconds later he was crying and we ran over there. Paul started brushing the ants off, we quickly stripped his clothes and diaper off and hosed him down...just to make sure we got all the ants. Poor little guy.. This is a photo taken on Sunday, a day after the attack (I don't think it is too dramatic to say attack). He also has a few on his legs and hand. He hasn't seemed to be bothered by them.

4 comments:

Leah said...

Oh my gosh Cyndi. Poor little baby! Have you sprayed around your house since then? I know you can buy spray at Home Depot. Hope those ants find a new home! Love reading your blog!

Janice said...

Oh!!! Poor David!!! That is the saddest story! I hope you sprayed your yard or hired pest control... Thank goodness you noticed right away and were right there!

Stacey said...

that is sooo sad! Poor little guy! That happened to me when I was about that age. I sat on an ant farm and my parents sprayed me down with a hose. Guess what, yesterday, jace put a breath mint up his nose...yes, I know!!! The things these kids think of! He's fine though.

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

Poor little guy! Thats just horrible!