Sunday, November 11, 2007

Pillow case dress



Remember on Sound of Music when Maria makes dresses from her curtains? Well, I became Maria for a day. I borrowed my neighbors sewing machine and made these two dresses for Eden yesterday. The black & white one is from a curtain my mom made for our window, when I got here it was too small. The blue poka dot dress is actually two bandannas. This was my very first attempt to making anything without my mom or grandma by my side to tell me exactly what to do. It is so fun to see someone wear something I made...and actually look cute.


3 comments:

Jay and JoAnn said...

Great job Maria! The dresses look fabulous and Eden looks so happy. She looks like a preschooler!!!Can't wait to see you in December. Love, Mom

Keli said...

Those are the cutest Cyndi!!!! I need to learn how to sew.

Sarah said...

You are very talented. I wish I could sew! Great job the dresses are adorable!