Monday, May 19, 2008

Get away

This past weekend we went to Little Rock, Arkansas & Hot Springs. The destination was the Amusement Park: Magic Springs. It was the perfect trip, perfect amount of time and we couldn't have done it without our PERFECT friends who watched the kids. A million THANKS to the Blaus, Shelly & Yamniks.

The very first ride we went on (pictured) I got so SICK! What is this about? By the third ride I threw up and called it quits. I didn't want to be a party pooper...but it was miserable. Old age? Pregnancies? Something has happened to me in the past 4 years because my body does NOT like fast, jerky motion! Now I will be the mom who waits by the bags and takes the pictures. They did have a water park attached, so we headed over there and had a BLAST! Paul LOVED golfing ALL DAY long. This picture captures the landscape with the white blossoms in the air. The drive was so green. There is something refreshing about driving along open roads with beautiful scenery.

6 comments:

Cami said...

That is so nice of your friends, what a great break for you guys! Glad you got some time away. I hear ya on the roller coaster rides. No fun! What happened to us?

Anonymous said...

oh I AM SO JEALOUS! It looks like you two had oodles of fun! It is nice to get away and have a chance to be ALONE. :0) Preggos? I get sick now too, it is amazing how when we are young our bodies can go on ride after ride, and now we stay back and enjoy the sun instead of getting that motion sickness. I am happy you guys had fun.

Kelly Fam said...

What beautiful scenery. I'm with you on the amusement rides. I can hardly do a fast ring around the rosies with Josie without feeling dizzy and sick. What has happened to us?! Sometimes I get dizzy watching Josie spin round and round. I hope you enjoyed every bite of that delicious chocolate cake.

Mrs. Wright said...

I'm so glad you two got to get away and be with each other for a bit. The pictures are beautiful! I can see why Paul loved golfing! I've never liked roller coaster rides so I think I'll fit in just fine, when the time comes, to be the mom that hangs out with the bags and takes pictures. Oh Cyn,...you make me laugh with the way you describe things!

Jamie said...

Looks like you guys had fun (minus getting sick and all)! And I agree...there's just something about being a mom that physically changes you...and I'll be with you waiting at the end of all those twisty-jerky rides!! :)

Holly said...

How wonderful--to get away with one another! I'll be hanging with both you and Jamie while the brothers have fun on the rides!