Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tantrums & Twirls

Do you know what this is? Yes, a tantrum. Today at the store David was absolutely antsy. By the end he was shrieking and throwing his body in all directions. Eden was looking at him like he was insane! I smiled as she has had her fare share of public tantrums. I was just grateful that it was only one of them! I usually pack snacks and goodies to keep them in the buggy. Occasionally I let them walk...but that always ends in a disaster (why do I still think they will stay by me?). I am totally that mother who pushes her buggy of screaming kids while comparing prices on spaghetti sauce.













Twirling with her pretty pink dress Gigi made.





Holding on for a horsey ride. It melts my heart to see them happily playing together.

9 comments:

Cami said...

I'm the same mom at the grocery store..or worse with my kids running up and down the isles. We get really good at blocking it out, don't we!

Kim said...

GIRL! we all have been through it, but that doesn't make it less embaressing! I'm so glad your kids are good friends. That is so sweet.

Anonymous said...

Such cuties!!! You are a patient mom!!

Anonymous said...

I have a lot to look forward too...don't I? But I can relate with the screaming baby in the grocery store. And trying everything to get the baby to stop crying...but I realized, anyone at the store watching, that has had children, understands! Just let em cry!

Lisa said...

Cyndi - I'm am the same mom too! We have had many a public tantrum - I just act like nothing is wrong and continue my business. You are a great mom!

Steven and Kristin said...

Oh the memories! Have you always called a shopping cart a buggy, or is it just since moving to MS? I love having you live in the south because it brings back memories of things I've already forgotten! Eden and David are adorable. Katelyn was looking at the blog with me and thinks they are so cute, and SO big!

Kelly Fam said...

Ha! that is so funny, only because I have felt like that too. Eden looks so pretty in her 'princess' dress. That cracks me up that Eden gave David that look, 'cause she's probably been there before too.

Bob and Julie said...

Welll.....I don't know what kind of mom you are....my kids NEVER did anything like public tantrums....HA!! I Love how you captured these wonderous moments. The twirling and having fun together is priceless. Soooo....I am actually wondering when are they suppose to outgrow the tantrums? Hmmmm. I think my kids have just evolved from rolling on the floor to the never ending pestering and ridiculous reasoning and then the stomping off and slamming doors. Love it all!!

Mrs. Wright said...

You make me laugh with your comments! Something that I have always liked about you as that you are REAL! Nothing is fake. Thank you for being optimistic and patient with your role of being a mother. You are a great example to me!