Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

I recently started working at Chili's as a server. I had decided after school gets out I would apply to a few places for part time work in the evening. Since this is a small town, there aren't many options past 5pm. That limited me to Wal-Mart, JcPenneys and restaurants. I was hired immediately and started training during Paul's 2 week break. After 5 surprisingly hard test, I passed training (failing the alcohol exam only once :)). Being a married person who doesn't drink is abnormal. I stick out like a sore thumb...wait until then find out I'm Mormon! ha Paul has been SOOOOO great taking care of the kids. They don't even miss me! The evenings I have worked he waits up for me, listens to all my complaining and rubs my feet. I will be working twice a week. I ended up working today, which was a bummer but Paul took the kids to a BBQ with some friends from church. They are the greatest people!

Paul said once Eden tasted Rootbeer she couldn't get enough. She kept asking Lisa (Abby's mom) for more Rootbeer because Paul said no. I hope Paul brushed her teeth before bed.

I guess Dad's don't know about cutting hotdogs. He's still alive...so all is well!Paul said David had a bunch of girls following him. They adore him and from this picture he doesn't seem to mind it!

9 comments:

Lisa said...

We love you guys and your kids. Eden was cracking me up. she kept saying "I don't want to ask my daddy" and she would try to get me to open up another soda when Paul wasn't looking. Pretty clever! David had tons of attention - it was fun and we missed you lots. Hope you had some great tippers!

Anonymous said...

K - Im jealous you had a BBQ weekend, it rained all weekend in Utah. :0( A good Memorial Day calls for a good BBQ. Going back to work is so hard. It is good you are doing it part time and nights twice a week. At least you get to bring home that Paradise Pie from Chilis home (its my favorite) once in a while!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and the alcohol thing - don't worry. I think its great you stand out! You have our support

Anonymous said...

We missed you Cyndi. The harem following David was hysterical and one college-aged girl just stood there watching David. I asked her if anything was wrong and she just said something along the lines of "he is the cutest boy I've ever seen." I think her boyfriend was feeling jealous! :)

Bob and Julie said...

Seee...this is exactly why I make Bob leave a good tip when we eat out!! I LOVE Chili's...I wish you were working at a Chili's by me....that would totally give me an excuse to go...have to support the family..right? You are my hero!! Soo, I laughed so hard with Eden and her rootbeer. The picture is great with her chugging it down. I'm just wondering how much she had to go potty that night! Oh my!! David is just adorable and now I see he's a ladies man...takes after his dad I guess. :)

Jamie said...

Way to go Paul!! Taking the kids to the BBQ solo! And, maybe even bigger, Way To Go Cyndi!! Starting a new job and working the holiday! You guys seem like such good teammates! Good luck with work...and keeping Paul sane while he takes on so much school!

Jaime said...

Hey Cyndi-

I am glad to see that everything is going great for you guys since moving! I love reading your blogs... We need to keep in better touch! I miss talking with you during practicum group meetings ;)

Kelly Fam said...

oh David is such a ladies man. Cyndi watch out those girls are going to be coming around the corner closer than you think!

*liSa* said...

ha i just realized i was logged onto amber. for furture reference lisa garlock said the one about david being a ladies man! haha