I cried when...
- I saw all the dishes in the sink. Didn't I JUST do them?
- I was missing the Blaus and Yamniks.
- When Paul said, "I can't wait for you to get big and have stretch marks". (I wanted to punch him. Who saids that?)
There was a trigger. Like all good crying days there always is a trigger. It was Mister Eden. Yes, Mister because...well, you'll see.
This is her new hairstyle. Oh my. 
Obviously we didn't get our point across the first time. This time Paul did the punishing. He gave her a good talk (which shook her up...dad's can do that). Plus we took her princess shoes away. We couldn't think of a natural consequence for hair cutting?? She doesn't care that she has short hair.
It's weird. She looks so different...so boyish... that even I am surprised to watch her act girlie. It will take time to get used to.
19 comments:
Cyndi, first I would like to apologize to you because honestly, I am sitting here laughing so hard. Mostly at the way you are able to write about your experiences. I can TRULY relate to this and I feel so bad. Hey, at least the "bangs" hadn't just grown out and then she did it again.
There was a little girl that I would see at the park when we lived in Eagle Mountain who had her hair buzzed. The only way I could tell she was a girl was because of the dresses she wore. I kept wondering what her mother was thinking. It wasn't until after Jocelyn's "do" that I realized exactly why that girl's hair was buzzed... to fix a self-inflicted haircut! Every mother who has been through this will understand when they see Eden. Oh, Mister Eden, that's classic! And I agree that pregnancy can sometimes make everything harder to deal with.
I feel so happy that you would want to call me right after that happened, but I'm truly sorry that I could not cry with you because I was driving my car. I'm so sorry friday was such an awful day. I'm sure you will crack up like the rest of us when she has long beautiful hair again (and your not pregnant)
Oh cindy I wanted to talk to you at church but didn't get the chance. I had seen the picture you posted when you first discovered the hair. I thought to myself Oh wow! But then I saw Eden today in her dress and the hair doesn't look that bad. Yes it looked better before, but now it's a cute little bob. And It will give you many laughs and black mailing moments when she gets older. Just smile and This too shall pass! If you ever need anything let me know! I'm at home more now and would be happy to give you a break if you ever need one. --Leanna
Oh my Cyndi i have to admit that knowing Eden's personality i just had to get a good laugh out of the pictures you posted on your blog. It is so sad that she looks like a boy but it's so funny that she is okay with that fact(she doesn't even realize she looks like a boy)
Please don't cry again when I say that I (like all the others) got a good laugh out of this. That Eden, what a determined little girl! I am so sorry though!
The only natural consequence I can think of would be to shave her head altogether, but I can't say I would be willing to do that.
I'm not laughing because I had a really emotional week, too (not pregnancy related), and that (combined with the stretch marks comment) would have thrown me over the edge. Either that or I would have been pushing someone over the edge. Literally.
I feel terrible! How awful! You need a weekend away - alone! I'm glad Paul did the punishing (I could not handle it either) And - nudge Paul (a little hard) for me for saying that to you. Men don't seem to think before they blurt! UGH! If she has a favorite doll, cut her dolls hair. I know it worked on a child who kept drawing on the walls. No punishment worked. After finally drawing on the child's favorite doll - the child stopped drawing on the walls.
Oh Cyndi!!! I am half laughing/half feeling really sorry for you! That is pretty funny about her hair - what a little stinker to hide the scissors. Her cut looks as good as you can make it look though - just put in lots of big bows for a while. Sorry about what Paul said - men sometime are thick in the skull area - you are beautiful! And - we miss you guys too - Ben and I talked about it all day yesterday. Sundays always make us think of you guys and how you are doing. We can't wait to visit!
Look at her smile in her new do! Oh little Eden! What a firecracker! Brigham cut his hair on two days ago. I still haven't taken him in to get a decent haircut. He will just have to live with a big bald spot on the top of his head until I have a moment.
The bright side? Eden rocks that haircut! She's got all the spunk in the world to carry it off!
But...I honestly feel so sad for you. It sounds like your weekwend was a bummer. I hope your dinner on Sunday turned out okay (please tell me that imitation orange juice is AMAZING in that recipe!?)
Oh Cyndi...I'm so sorry. I wish I were there....we could go on a walk or to Walmart or just sit and chat. Eden is such a cutie...and I know you'll make her still look girlie with your awesome hairbows. As for Paul....punch him for me!!!
Okay...I'm crying with you. Although, Mr. Eden does crack me up. She is still seriously cute in her boy hair cut. I'm just hoping that Paul truly did scared the dickens out of her because there's not much more to cut off...ugh...she'll be buzzed like that girl Kristin saw. You are a cutie. I have my emotional days and I'm not even pregnant. Hang in there :)
It's funny to see the post now, since I have already seen her hair! I think she looks cute, but she's a cute kid she can get away with it.
Your posts are as real as it gets sis! I can't believe she enjoys cutting her hair so much. Do we have a future beautician in our midst? =0)
oh cindy...i am so sorry. we all did that once or twice or four times. she is so cute no matter what.
i have no excuse for my "break downs" (we call them ) so at least you can blame it on the baby hormones.
you guys are so cute!
By the way - congrats on the pregnancy - that is awesome and exciting! I'm sorry for Paul's comment. As having stretch marks myself (seem to be getting more each day and can't for the kid to come) I know how you feel! I hate them! But you are beautiful and it's alright to cry!
AHHHHHH, I am SO excited for you! I have been in Cali. and so I just got the news! Oh my gosh, I can't believe your little Eden. I think she would get along well with Avery. I have to day I got quite the kick out of her hair, but if I were you I would be crying too. Are you feeling sicko????
I'm so sorry....if I had a daughter who cut her beautiful LONG hair I would also shed quite a few tears before I felt any relief. I'm sorry Cyndi. She is still very, very beautiful. (And I'm crossing my fingers for you that her hair grows back really quickly.)
As for Paul's comment, my husband LOVED my pregnant stomach too. Honestly truly loved every second of it. He probably just wasn't thinking how hard it pregnancy can be on your body.
Yikes, poor thing! I think it's genetic...oh wait...that would mean I better check under my kids' pillows
Post a Comment