Monday, March 30, 2009

Third times a charm

I LOVE sweets. I will plan my dessert before the entree. I have HORRIBLE self control....until I'm pregnant.

Last week I made a cake similar to the one pictured and only took one bite. Normally this cake doesn't last two days. That poor cake is still in my fridge.

This has happened with all my pregnancies. I consider it a blessing and am relieved that this pregnancy is showing similar patterns as my previous two.

Thank you baby for giving me your first gift...the ability to say no to chocolate!

10 comments:

Kelly Fam said...

yum! I would have shared that with you. (and then enjoyed all the bites after your ONE BITE). I'm still thinking about that one chocolate cake you and I talked about the other day from.. what's that place again.. some person's name (I can NEVER REMEMBER)... Something... chris... oh well, it's the cake that matters, not the name

Rick and Angie said...

I LOVE chocolate! Even a better reason to eat it when you are pregnant! Are you having other cravings? I LOVE "paradise" from Chilis! If I worked there, I promise I would eat it night and day! How do you do it?

Steven and Kristin said...

How interesting! It's a blessing and a curse! It's funny how when you feel something when you're pregnant, and you don't normally feel that way, there's nothing you can do to talk yourself out of it! It's really the only time I buy bologna... don't ask me why!

Lisa said...

Lucky! I wish that was true with any of my pregnancies. I am starving the whole time and chocolate sounds great ALWAYS! I hope you are feelin' fine. You need to share your fave dessert recipes so the rest of us can eat the chocolate you are missing!

Cami said...

What? There is something wrong with you - and I wish it was me! Good for you, let us know if it keeps up! Is it actually self-control or just not feeling like eating chocolate (because pregnancy does weird things to you)?

Mrs. Wright said...

I wish I had that self control! Can you believe we're due to have this little boy in 9 days? =0)

Nana said...

No fare! I couldn't get enough chocolate when I was pregnant. The worst craving I had was for hot dogs! I was so fat! You couldn't tell I was pregnant until about 6 months before that I just looked like I had gained a lot!

The Sullengers said...

Wow - not me! I have been a chocoholic since being pregnant - I make brownies every couple days just to always have chocolate around. Good for you! I guess that is why I look the way I do right now!

Bob and Julie said...

Hmmmm.....I don't know if I like you any more. Ha!...no, you know I like you. Were you like this with every pregnancy? I'm wondering about this child. Could we have a little health nut coming?

Valerie said...

Thanks for the invite! I am having so much fun reading old posts and "catching up" a bit. Your family is so beautiful!! If I could tame my love for chocolate, I might think of getting pregnant again. Then again, maybe not, those dark chocolate m&m's are great by the handfuls.