Sunday, March 7, 2010

just a smaller version

Yesterday I randomly watched a video of the kids around this age. Their voices, laughs and cries were the same...it was just a smaller version of them. I couldn't believe how small David was. I had forgotten about Eden's big belly.

I went upstairs and climbed into bed with David. It is hard to imagine them grown up. Most days it seems like they will never change. They do though...when I'm not looking.

This morning I was in the shower and David snuck in with his cars. He loves to play with his cars as the shower water beats on his back. Obviously this habit won't last long... but I just can't think of him getting any bigger. Maybe I'm the reason he is still in diapers?

P.S. Mom moment:

Today we went to the park and it was wonderful! The kids played together on the slide, swings and sand pit. I didn't panic every time I couldn't see David. Growing up has it's perks. They are more responsible. David doesn't cry at the top of the slide anymore. Eden doesn't need constant attention. They have each other. I am so glad I have two children close. It was the best decision. I am looking forward to a wonderful park season with children who can now actually enjoy the park together.

4 comments:

Mrs. Wright said...

I bet you had a few tears when you watched that video. Ahhh,...I agree growing up does have it's perks but it's just hard to let go.

P.S. I have something to tell you.......(smile)......

Janelle said...

Eden looks so much like you in that bottom picture.

Lisa said...

Isn't that the truth - they grow up so fast and slow at the same time. And I LOVE park season and I am jealous you have already been. The snow is still on the ground here. Boo.

Steven and Kristin said...

Isn't that the truth? They change when we aren't looking. They are adorable! I have always loved what good friends they are. I'm sure they will love this summer!