Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tueplo

Tueplo is the birthplace of Elvis and also the closest indoor Mall around. Since moving to Oxford I have come to realize that I was addicted to shopping. In Utah we lived 3 minutes from a mall. I would spend at least one afternoon a week walking around with the kids, playing at the dinosaur room and checking out all the sales. I would literally watch clothes as they lowered in price and at the right moment of $1.99,$3.99 or$9.99 I would snatch up the bargain and give myself a big pat on the back. Once you experience great clearance prices you will never go back! Anyway, I have been kind of moppy all week because I was missing the Old Navy 50% off clearance sale and other great bargains. Today Paul was the nicest husband in the whole world. After class we drove to Tueplo! Paul took the kids on some errands while I scoured Old Navy for the greatest deals ($55 later I walked out with 2 sweaters, shirt & pants for me, 2 sweater & shorts for Paul, 2 shirts & a coat for Eden, a shirt & sweater for Davey, scarf & headband, lipgloss & 2 boxes of cards). The kids had so much fun they failed to realize that they didn't go on the merry-go-around. They like watching other kids...I wonder how long that is going to last? Anyway, enough of this blabber. It is strange how a good evening of shopping can rejuvenate my soul. Thanks Paul.

6 comments:

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

I'm the same way! A quick trip to the mall seems to brighten any day!

Lisa said...

Oh Cyndi - I am so glad that you guys got to go! And score some good deals. I will have to come over and check them all out. Old Navy makes every day a bit brighter!

Mrs. Wright said...

WOOO-HOOO! Thank you Old Navy for lowering your prices to help my friend Cynd have a bright and sunny day! That's a lot of things you purchased for only $55. Way to go. A foot taller huh?! That's nuts. I guess you'll always have someone to look up to!

Bob and Julie said...

AMAZING!! I am completely understanding your feeling!! In fact...crack me up because I just posted a comic on my blog that has to do with MY own Utah shopping withdrawal. I love how you find such AWESOME bargains. Wow!!

Kelly Fam said...

oh Yeah for you for finding such good bargins! The old navy by me, was so picked through, i didn't even get a chance to find really great deals. That was so nice of Paul to let you indulge a little!

Holly said...

What a bargain shopper you are--way to go! I wish I had those skills. You'll have to tutor me!