Friday, August 8, 2008

Family Vacation


It started with the Watermelon Carnival. It was so stinkin hot, sweat was the accessory everyone was wearing. There was lots of fun shops, overpriced fried food and good ole southern music.
We spent two days in Bourbon, MO with Aunt Sue and Uncle Roger. It was so fun to meet them and spend time together. Aunt Sue shared photo albums and we talked about Nana (Paul's grandma) who passed away several years ago. She sounds like an amazing women. They live in a beautiful resort with a lake & pool. We LOVED relaxing and soaking up the sun.

In St. Louis we spent the whole afternoon at the mall. I was a kid in a candy store...total heaven. Even Paul thought it was awesome, they had a fireplace in the dinning area. We took the kids to see Wall-e. It was cute but once the popcorn ran out the excitement for the kids was pretty much over.


That evening we went to the Cardinals vs. Dodger game. THANK YOU ebay for our $.99 tickets! They were great seats, especially when it started raining (we were covered). Earlier we walked to the arch and let the kids run around. Once the game came they were ready to sit (plus bringing bottles helped).

Six flags was fun, the weather wasn't too hot (thank goodness for an overcast day). We spent most of the day at the water park in the wave pool and the splash area. This was our first family only trip. We look forward to many more.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! How fun! I love the pictures! I am sure you have many more! David is getting so big! He has grown so much...he passed that baby stage and now he is a little boy...awe. I love the pictures of batman and paul and david...ha ha ha. The tile looks spectacular! I really like it.

Jamie said...

Wow! What a fun trip!! We actually stayed with Aunt Sue and Uncle Roger too...it five years ago though. We went out on the lake too, which was beautiful! They share such fun family history stories, huh! I'm jealous of your mall day though...how ever did you get Paul to enjoy that?? :) I'm so glad you guys got to have some family fun time...It seems like you've had such a busy summer. Glad to see you found a moment to relax!

Lisa said...

What a fun time - you two deserved a break after the stress of this summer I am sure. Your house looks great!!!!!!! We miss you guys tons and we are looking forward to your trip out here (Paul you will be missed). Way to go on the ebay tickets - you are so smart.

Steven and Kristin said...

I guess this answers my question about where you went on vacation in the post for your new flooring! HOLY VACATION! You guys really know how to do it! I am so happy for you that you were able to get away for awhile and do so many fun things! Your pictures are adorable. How fun that you got to stay with Swarts too! We visited them long ago, but we weren't there at the right time to enjoy the water. I love the bit about the popcorn at the movie- it is a necessity for us if we're ever planning on seeing a movie with our gang! And- even on vacation you wow us with an awesome deal on tickets! You're amazing!

Holly said...

How fun! You four went all out. How fun it would be to visit Uncle Roger and Aunt Sue. Maybe next time we should come with you! :)

Bob and Julie said...

Watch out these family trips are addictive!! I'm sooo happy that you were able to visit with Aunt Sue and Uncle Roger!! We all LOVE them to bits!! Seriously...we have sooo many fun and funny stories. They are the NICEST and sooo much fun! It looks like such an amazingly fun time!!!

jaordyna said...

Good times. Paul, I think you should wear one of those super hero suits.