Wednesday, August 27, 2008

One year ago...

we moved to Mississippi. In some ways it feels like yesterday, but mostly it feels like forever.


Look how small David is?


We are so glad we choose Ole Miss. The people are so friendly and we have great friends. We know with a righteous desire and a smile the Lord takes care of you.

It is so green and beautiful here. I actually like the humidity. I don't think twice about killing a black widow, or having to mow the lawn twice a week.

You can be happy anywhere!

8 comments:

Cami said...

Thank you for your positive attitude. You guys are such a cute family. I can't believe it's been a year, I'm so glad we have blogs to still know what each other look like!

Bob and Julie said...

This is why I love you so much!! I love your positive outlook on life and your faith in Heavenly Father. It is amazing how fast time flies. David was a tiny little thing. You guys need to go to that place and take another picture...then put them side by side. We're glad you are all doing so well!! happy 1 year!!

Jamie said...

Wow...a year already, huh?! Crazy how fast time flies! Yet, it seems like FOREVER ago that you and Paul made that trip out to Miss. to look for housing! Congrats on one year down. Oh...and I totally think you should do what Julie said...go back to that same place a take a picture. Do it next year too! I'd love to see the evolution! :)

Kelly Fam said...

I CAN believe it's been a year. Is that all? J/K. We miss you tons. I feel spoiled that I saw you at Christmas and now again in what.... a week??! Yeah!!!

alisafye said...

I totally agree! That has been a huge lesson for me--you can be happy anywhere if you keep your eye on what really matters, and if you recognize your blessings!
Oxford has been a huge learning experience for us! And I can say that I am so grateful we came!
But I think you are crazy to like the humidity!

alisafye said...

Disregard my over-use of exclaimation points in my previous comment.
Thank you.

Lisa said...

Cyndi - I always loved the humidity there - we still get bloody noses here from the dry air. You have such a great attitude, no wonder so many people love you! We are still holding out hope that we end up at USU and you do to, so we can be neighbors again.

Steven and Kristin said...

One year? Isn't it funny how quickly AND slowly time goes by all at once? We miss you here, but are so glad you're having so many great experiences.