March 19th, 2009: Our 4 year wedding anniversary
- Cyndi's facial at 10am. All was going well until green tea bags and a mask were put on my face. I started gagging and pretty much ruined the whole "relaxing" experience. Who likes the smell of green tea?
- 3pm David's poopy diaper again sent me gagging and Paul had to recover the poor child.
-5:30pm we went to Boure restaurant and ordered a rack of lamb (being adventurist). First I was sitting by the air conditioner so I made Paul change seats. Then the table 2 feet away ordered a HUGE bowl of boiled crawfish. Have you ever seen crawfish? Let alone watch someone eat it? I made Paul switch seats again so I couldn't see them. Even though my vision was impaired the smell of boiled sea, fish, salt...fishy grossness crept up my nose. I could feel the gagging coming so I covered my mouth while Paul distracted me conversing about Lost. I made it...dinner was good. Actually, my lamb still was a little pink inside. Something about pink meat just freaks me out. Paul finished it and we held hands on the way out.
-7:00pm we were off the Baskin Robbins. Nothing could ruin chocolate peanut butter ice cream. Right? Wrong my friend. The Baskin Robbins is inside a very disguising gas station. I held my breath trying not to breath the smoke, looking at the trash filled with old food and tobacco chew. I made the biggest mistake...going to the bathroom. If I ever get a rare disease, I am blaming that bathroom. We grabbed a tub of spectacular chocolate peanut butter ice cream and raced out of there. Instead of getting in the car, I went around the corner of the store and disposed of my rack of lamb. I came back to the car teary eyed (that happens after I throw up). Paul gave me a kiss and we continued our evening as if it had been the best night of our lives.
-8:30pm we pick up the kids. The Liffereth's have smiles on their faces and tell us our kids are cute. Only to find out Eden destroyed the older girls makeup and David tried to clog the toilet.
-10:30pm I lay in bed thinking about the day and wondering when I became so high maintenance! I used to be different. I didn't care where we ate. I didn't care what movie we watched. I would clean anything. I wasn't very opinionated nor talkative. Paul came to bed after checking some missed basketball scores. We read the Book of Mormon together. Just as we did 4 years ago. We prayed together. Just as we did 4 years ago. We kissed goodnight. Just as we did 4 years ago.
Even though we have changed throughout our marriage, our nightly ritual never has. Happy Anniversary.
12 comments:
happy anniversary! I don't think that is just you. All of those things would have totally grossed me out to the point of gagging too. I probably would have kept my dinner down though. (only because I think throwing up is the grossest thing ever). I'm glad it ended well.
Sounds like an eventful day. Sorry about all the gagging and the end result of your dinner - hope your ice cream tasted yummy when you got it home. Please tell the Lifferth's hi for us!
Happy Anniversary!! I loved hearing about how your day went...too bad with the whole pregnancy-induced smell and food sensitivities!
And don't worry...I've NEVER thought of you as being "high-maintenance."
Happy Anniversary!!! I can't believe it's only been 4 years. I seriously don't think you are high maintenance at all. Anyone who can quickly go around the corner to dispose of that yucky lamb and then come back with only tears in her eyes is pretty spectacular! I can't believe you had lamb...that is one of the most disgusting things!! I cooked that for our passover lesson in seminary last year and gagged through the entire lesson...Lukily I was smart enought to put it in a crockpot and cooked it at the seminary building....stunk that place up but not my house :)..booya!
So, the next time you have lamb (and aren't pregnant)....try an experiment...ask for some horse-raddish sauce. Put that on a cracker. And eat it...then after your eyes are watering, take a bite of the lamb meat and notice how fast the bitter taste goes away. The horseraddish represents the bitter herb and the lamb of course is the lamb of God...takes away the bitterness of our sins. Pretty cool! Well, anyway, this comment is on the extrememly LONG side so I better get off. Love ya!! Oh ye sensitive one :)
Cyndi, you have the best stories, and tell them so cute! I am glad your day ended perfectly, but sorry dinner was ruined, etc. I hate that pregnant nose and gag reflex! Our Baskin Robins is not in a gas station and it is a total stinky, messy dump too. I was very disappointed.
Oh you poor thing! I remember alex taking me to this nice japanes restaraunt and after one bite of sushi I just about lost it. That's when I realized I was pregnant! I love food, but those days where not fun! I love to eat crawfish it's deffinately a southern thing, but I can't handle the smell either or how some people eat them it does sound gross! I didn't realize yall have only been married for 4 years that's cool! Congratulations. It will be 8 for alex and I this August. Time goes by so quickly!What days are you haveing your play dates? Morgan still goes to the first baptist weekday education, but I would love to keep him out a day and play with yall.
It looks like the odors are getting to you from this pregnancy thing. I'm sorry sis. I'm happy to report I only have a little over 2 weeks to go (that is IF I don't go over my due date). Did you get the email I sent you about couponing?
That is so cute. Happy Anniversary.
I know what you mean about the pink meat thing. At least you ended up with some good ice cream. BR has some of the best chocolate peanut butter ice cream out there. I love it!
Happy anniversary, despite everything. :)
You need an anniversary do-over. Only 359 more days...
Cyndi, you write so well. You give all the perfect details. I'm sorry you are nauseated...I hope you feel better soon.
Good for you guys!
Post a Comment