Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Oprah's fat

I spend a lot of time on the couch. Hugging the boppy with Ruth attached. What do you do? I tried reading...but hello when you are already tired that isn't effective. So I watch TV. I have been watching a little bit of Oprah. Thanks Oprah for that great Payless coupon.

Last Sunday was our primary program. I was all geared up to attend 3 hours of church. I had my outfit hung and pressed. Sunday morning was insane. I could NOT zip up my skirt. What? The skirt I wore 3 weeks ago now does not fit? Do I live in opposite world? I am gaining weight after child birth!

So...I started the South Beach Diet that day...no carbs, fruit or sugar for two weeks. I was going to loose 8-13 lbs (that's what the books saids :) ) YEAH RIGHT. I lasted about 14 hours. At 4am I laid in bed thinking about those homemade chocolate chip cookies from Jen. I forced myself to stay in bed. The next morning I was grouchy and really didn't care if I was skinny (I have no perspective).

Last night I decided I cannot be obsessed. The more concerned I am about my weight the more weight I gain. Does that make sense? It's a complicated issue I'm sure Freud can explain.

Plus, Oprah is fat. She is. She is the richest women in the world. She has a personal chief. She can BUY anything to replace refined sugar. Yet, somehow she is still fat and claims happiness.


What I have and Oprah doesn't:

-3 beautiful children (I'm sorry...dogs are not children)

-An awesome husband who doesn't care about Oprah.

-A 1980 condo that I can clean in 2 hours...and also be destroyed in 10 minutes.

-A sure knowledge of the plan of salvation.

*I know you are going to tell me to give myself a break. Ruth is barely 6 weeks old. I know, I know...but it still is hard when you don't fit into your clothes!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Cyndi - your posts are so great. I just love you! I am going to say give yourself a break, but I have been there and know how bad it stinks to not fit your clothes. You are beautiful and the weight will come off, eventually. Life is too short to not eat homemade cookies woman!

Rick and Angie said...

You are right - I'm going to tell you you are being WAY to hard on yourself!!! But, I know I'll be in the same boat (feeling) as you in less than 2 months. I felt the same way after I had Bryson (it took months for the weight to come off and lots of days at the gym) Hollywood wants you to be back into those pre-preggo jeans quickly (but the reality is farfetched!!!) and make sure you eat some cookies!!!

Kim said...

POOP to FAT!!! I hate that our world tells us that we are only pretty if we are a size 2, because I never will be....
I agree with you, I'll take squishy and sticky and all that comes with it!
Love you Cyn!

Jamie said...

Yes...give yourself a break!!!!!
Especially at this time of year...holidays are no fun without treats! (That's my take anyway!)

And you're right...you really do have it all! Oprah has nothin' on you! Seriously.

Mandy said...

I am sorry but I don't feel bad for you at all!!! Tommy is 3 months and I can't even fit into my "fat" clothes! So whatever you do don't tell me how much weight you loose on that south beach thing, if you start it again:)

The Sullengers said...

Hey, I agree - I wanted to fit into clothes weeks after too - I'm just barely getting back into my pre-pregnancy jeans and it's been 7 months. But now I am going for the pre-Mississippi jeans (yes, I have those - all that dang fried food!)

Sarah said...

Funny post and some good points! ha. I totally can relate as I just had my little babes 8 wks ago. It's the holidays so you should just wait and make it a new years resolution! Also, maybe get some yoga videos and do at night when kids are asleep.