The whole point of my blog is to print it. To have a copy for generations to come. I found this entry I wrote. What am I saving it for? To be printed and read by my children. To be a testimony of my thoughts and experiences as a young mother. For the sake of sharing a little bit of Cyndi:
May 7, 2009
Tonight at work I had an interesting conversation. I found it more sad than interesting. While rolling silverware Trey said to Mike, "could you ever date a Mormon?" (both knowing I was Mormon and including me in the conversation). Mike said "no", then he went on to say he has different beliefs. He likes to drink and I quote: "the whole pre-martial sex thing, I don't see what's wrong with that. Especially now since we have safe sex." Both guys went back and forth and I stepped in saying something to the effect of: "you're not looking at sex from the right point of view. Sex is the power to procreate, it is a wonderful gift that Heavenly Father has given us. It is the most intimate thing between a man and women. It is sacred. "
To that Trey responds: "Well, that's the thing. I don't consider sex sacred." I didn't have a come back. I guess I didn't need one. What more could I say? Then Mike referred to the fact that guys...HAVE to 'relieve the pressure'. If you're 24 years old w/o having sex you will start to twixt. I smiled and said, "my husband was 29 years old when we got married. It was important to him. He views his body as sacred and the power to procreate as sacred. It is possible".
The conversation was light and friendly. I wasn't going to get into a debate, especially when I knew they really didn't want to listen. They don't want to change. They don't WANT to find out if it's bad.
As I was driving home I thought of my children. I want Eden and David to know that Satan is the one who makes people think they can't control themselves. Satan turns sacred things into fun weekly activities. The Lord gives us commandments so we can control ourselves. The problem with this generation is their response to immediate gratification. To selfishness. If they want to...they do. There are no boundaries, no rules or guidelines...as long as it feels good. It makes me disappointed to hear people say that sex is not sacred. I am not surprised though. I am well aware of what my children will be faced with. It will only become worse. My children: Eden, David and baby girl: I want you to know that Heavenly Father knows who you are. You are created in His image. The choices you make do effect others and will effect you. It IS possible to remain worthily and pure and find someone who is too. The covenants and blessings of the temple ARE worth it. I love you and pray that you will gain a testimony of your eternal nature at a young age so you will stand tall and strong during the storms of temptation.
1 comment:
That was well said and a beautiful testimony to your children!!! Those blessings are worth the wait...
Post a Comment