Problem: smoky, food smell. Since our kitchen is so small and stuffy the smell stays like a gloomy cloud. If I try to open a door, the kids make a mad dash!
How to fix it: I pulled out our griddle (which practically takes up all the counter space) and made 3 batches of pancakes. I also made them from scratch (whole wheat & blueberries), which makes me feel better since I know they will be dipped in syrup. Then off to the freezer they will go for this week's breakfast. Does anyone else have great tips for breakfast?
4 comments:
That is so cool that you make them from wheat flour! I don't have any tips for breakfast but I always try to do the same thing when making dinner if it's a enchiladas or a casserole, I just double the ingredients and make one for the freezer. We don't have a lot of pans but I can get 5 disposable aluminum ones for 99 cents at the dollar store. Then it just becomes an issue of freezer space!
ummmm.....cereal? You are a fantastic mom! What a wonderful breakfast. I have seriously deprived my children because all we eat is cereal. I'm checking back for some ideas that people post :) Maybe I should repent.
you are so creative for breakfast. I don't think I have any better ideas, but your kids might think it's cool if you scrambled some eggs and used them as hair for a pancake person. Then you could use blueberries or chocolate chips for eyes and if you really wanted to go the extra mile, use a slice of bacon for the smile. Get the image?
I have the absolute best in the world pancake recipe and it starts with sweet potato puree. I kid you not it's delicious! These look good too!
Post a Comment