Thursday, September 4, 2008

Not noticing...

my children is a crime! Off the top of my head I can't think of anything new my monkeys have done lately. I have been consumed with the idea of traveling to Utah, packing and get things in order for Mr. Paul.

Today I started noticing.

When we entered the childcare at the gym David put on the saddest face and just cried...he knew Mommy was leaving. Eden was already off playing with the dollies. After I left I could see his little face pressed up against the window. Of course when I came back he hardly noticed me and was busy playing with some trucks.

At the Courthouse I waited in line hoping to obtain a new license plate before the noon rush arrived. I was still in my workout clothes with dried sweat matting my hair...thus trying not to make eye contact with anyone. Eden danced around, twirling her Bell polly pocket while singing a made up song that kept getting louder and louder. David ran to every door and attempted to open it. There were a few tantrums when I took the grapes away...I had to, Eden was flinging them across the room when she twirled and David kept dropping them when he ran.

I answered the common question: "Are they twins?" (for the third time that day)

As we were leaving a man said to me: "I am jealous of your kids, they have such great personalities".

I smiled and agreed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest story! You know, I think they are twins!

Kelly Fam said...

What a nice thing for that man to say. I'm always appriciative of people who are kind when these little ones are being difficult. We are getting preoccupied and caught up with you coming out here too!

Jamie said...

Yay!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who runs errands...all sweaty and nasty....on the way home from the gym!! And I can totally relate to you at the courthouse...just last week I was there with my three boys getting TX plates and wouldn't ya know it...Carson caused the most trouble! I thought kids were supposed to get easier as they got older...hmmm.

Lisa said...

Cyndi - we love your kids. What a great post. I have been ignoring my kids a bit lately too, so this is a kick in the pants for me - thanks! I know you aren't coming out to see us, but we are super excited to get together for a little bit. I hope you have a great week! Oh, and I LOVE your bag - where did you get it?