This was a MONUMENTAL day in my own little life. My last day as a waitress. I will miss the money.
Not the black crocs, the long, long LONG evenings on my feet, the required "kneel" at every table policy, the endless sweet tea drinkers, the "sorry I would tip you but money is tight" customers, the young and careless servers who I gave motherly advice to (like: quit smoking you 18 year old, quit drinking, quit gambling with your money, go to bed, please stop using the F word like a verb AND stop sleeping around...for heavens sake USE birth control!)
I really did enjoy my job. The managers were great. My schedule was very flexible and I was respected. I was able to share my testimony with almost everyone. I feel like I left the place better. I feel like I made a small difference.
For my finale: I would like to thank my husband Paul, without you I never would have made it. Thanks to my children who only cried sometimes when I left. For their hugs and kisses. A family gives you a perspective. It gives you something to live for. It gives you a reason to get up and keep going. Working was hard. I did it. I finished and now I am ever so happy to turn in my apron. Hallelujah!
11 comments:
Congratulations Cyndi. That certainly is a great accomplishment. I have no doubt that you were a good example to everyone you met. It's amazing how common sense things just aren't so common sense to some people.
I didn't even know you were working! I got together with Simone and Laura today. (simone is in town). It's neat to hear about her travels. Doesn't MY life sound boring...
Congrats on quitting. I'm seeing the light at the end of that LONG tunnel too. Hope your kids don't drive you CRAZY now. (or maybe you'll just be more relaxed)
This was a neat post.. Your looking so cute at 6 months!!! I'm sure you'll be relieved to retire for a while.. Especially your feet..
how cute are you! I'm so proud of you!
Your posts make me crack up. R u going to miss the food??? I'm craving Chili's right now talking about it!!!
ahh, restaurant drama is funny huh? funny meaning "this is driving me crazy!" I'm so happy your done. I still cannot believe you would get stiffed so much. What is wrong with people. I hope your flight is going good as I type this. I will see you really soon.
I worked at Chili's too for awhile (back in the day) and it was for about 8 months and I was definitely ready to quit - I'm amazed that people stay for years at waitressing. I did miss the food though and the discount! But good for you!
First off...you look DANG ADORABLE!! Congrats on the retirement! It is true the money will be missed. But, you're so creative and brilliant with finding ways to make things work. Plust you have TONS of talents! I am so impressed with all your abilities. Can't wait to see you in a month!! :)
Wow! I thought you'd never quit!! J/K I was so impressed at how long you managed to keep working...right through the pregnancy nausea!
WOW Cyn, I had no idea that you were working. What resturant? How often? So glad you can kick your feet up at night after the kiddos are in bed. You NEED to!
CONGRATS!! It's always nice to start a "new phase" in life... here's to THREE kids! :)
Post a Comment