Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hardened Arteries


This is Paul -

For those who know me, I like to try small, backwoods, dive restaurants. For those that know Cyndi she doesn't share my ambitious enthusiasm, even more so now that she is pregnant. Today, in the weekly mailer I received this coupon to "Catfish One." If I were to ask Cyndi to go with me she would probably die just from the thought of all that grease. This restaurant is so intriguing… even they are unsure with what substance they cook their food (see the ad). So I extend an invitation to anyone out there in cyberspace who just happens to be in Northern Mississippi to join me in trying this place. I will buy you a slice of fried apple pie. (Click on the image for a better look at the menu.)

8 comments:

alisafye said...

Catfish One is Max's favorite!!
Fine dining in the south.
It's so hot here I want to swear.

Steven and Kristin said...

Let us know if you ever go there. That's bad about "probably cooking with peanut oil!"

Cami said...

Funny! Sorry, but I would definitely be out even if I lived there! But, we want to hear all about it!

Bob and Julie said...

Bob and I are in!! We LOVE and REJOICE in our fatness. Life is sooo good with good southern cooking! That's one thing we miss from our mission!

Keli said...

It sounds very very yummy LOL...
Southern Food is Fabulous!!!!

Lisa said...

That is hilarious!!! Me and Ben are in when we ever get out there again. This next year for sure!

Just the 4 of us. said...

Let us know when you can go. Zeke would love that place. He gets back from WA July 25 after that we will be a bit normal. No school and working full time. O, the joys of being grown up!

Jamie said...

Sorry Paul...we're with Cyndi on this one! But if you do end up going...we expect a full report!