Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ballet class

Today was Eden's first ballet class. I have NEVER seen her so excited. She even let me comb her tangled hair and put it in a bun (usually she screams at me and pulls it out right after I finish). She bounced into the dance studio. Not shy, all smiles.


Eden was in her element. She was consumed by the teacher, the music and looking at herself in the mirror.


I cried. I was so embarrassed (and I didn't want to embarrass Eden...can I do that yet?).



I cried because I was so happy to see HER happy.


It's a mother thing.



*dancing like a flower

1 comment:

Bob and Julie said...

I'm crying too!! It's a mother thing...and YES you can do that!! Even if it embarrasses them...you DESERVE it!!! Goodness, after all they put us through and how much we love them....it's just so hard to hold in emotions!! They'll come around and discover that they actually do like having a mommy that loves them so much.

And...aachum....Just so you know...it seems like my two high schoolers have FINALLY accepted me. :) Did you notice that Amanda actually put Panda Bear on her parking spot? Yep, yep!! ...she always complained about how embarrassing it was that I would yell it out at games or call her that in public...well....I stood my ground!! And finally she's my panda bear again :)

I love Eden sooooo much!! She is seriously growing into a wonderful little lady :)