Thursday, September 30, 2010

Third child

Conversation at the gym
Girl: "How old is your daughter?"

Me: "Turning one on Friday."

Girl: "Oh, are you going to have a big party?"

Me: "No."

Girl: "Oh...because she's your third and you don't care anymore."

Me (laugh): "umm...no because I don't want to celebrate. I don't want her to turn one. I don't want her to grow up. Plus, I don't see the point. If I want to throw myself a party I will do it on my birthday."



Then I change the subject and compliment her shirt.

Dear Ruth,

I do not approve of you trying to walk. I don't want you to drink out of a sippy. I don't want to bake you a cake. I really despise those top teeth growing in, making you look so grown up.


Sincerely,

Your mother

P.S. Don't listen to people who think that I have given up on motherhood because you are my third child. It is simply not true.

4 comments:

Kelly Fam said...

happy birthday rufy!! even though you don't want her to be one... i'm still gonna say it. wha ha ha. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

V said...

I love your PS.

Steven and Kristin said...

Ruth is growing up and she's adorable! I think your comment back to the girl was pretty quick. I can't believe what she said about you not throwing a party. Hmm!

jaordyna said...

Hillarious!