Monday, September 6, 2010

The inside

Welcome
My pictures are so terrible...I would make the worst real estate agent. I will attempt to take you on a full circle tour, hopefully you can make sense of the space. Here we go...

Opening the front door you enter an enclosed porch...our playroom (hello David) Standing at the door frame looking straight ahead leaving the porch...looking at the living & dinner room.
Standing a few steps into the house from the porch (turning left), a den...which is my sewing and craft place. Family room closer. My amazing mother & her parents made those frames for me. I took the pictures of the kids this summer. I plan on hanging them in the kids room. I know they don't match the decor of this room...but until I figure out what I want to do with this wall I love looking at them all the time. Actually, I do love the frames there...I just need to change the color of them if I want them in this room. Maybe black? A dark stain would also be nice? What do you think?
Looking from the couch back at the front door.Moving on... archway leading into the bathroom and our bedroom.

Bathroom (nothing exciting...no counters)
Our bedroom. See that door? That leads to the den...we have made one circle.

Kitchen
I should apologize for all the dishes drying on the counter and the junk on top of the fridge...but I am not going to. This is the life of a kitchen with no dishwasher and kids who get into the bread
45, 043 times a day.
Off the kitchen is the backdoor where everyone enters, the kids room, bathroom, laundry area and creepy basement. Let's see if I can explain this in pictures. Kids room.
I know you love the empty picture frames. I am just glad they are hung. I will figure out what to put in them later.
*Ruth & Eden are sleeping, so I didn't dare get a better photo.And let's not forget about the creepy basement.
* Thank you for visiting our home on 26th.

4 comments:

Cami said...

Thanks Cyndi, I LOVE seeing other people's homes. It looks charming. I love the hardwood and archways. I do love those frames (and pictures). I think they are cute the way they are. But, black would be awesome too. Hope you are starting to feel settled and comfortable.

Bob and Julie said...

I LOVE it!!! Seriously...If I lived in this house while we were therel....I would have been one happy camper!! You are sooooo blessed!! I LOVE those pictures too!! So...I'm wondering if you could just make some lighter colored throw pillows for your couches....maybe find a pattern that has a little of the dark mixed in with the lighter....it might make it so they blend the two together. It's hard to see the coloring though. But, it may be an easier option to painting the frames. I LOVE the frames!!! Wondering....Did you guys put the paint up?

Steven and Kristin said...

Thanks for the tour! It looks like you are getting settled quite nicely! At least you have the frames up... in Georgia, I had half empty frames and half papers cut to the size of my remaining frames on the wall for awhile! I love the pictures you took of your kiddos!

jaordyna said...

Hey Cyndi, that was a great littel tour! Looks like you have a really nice house with plenty of room! I love that you're using the enclosed place as a play area.
Way to go!
Pictures are adorable and i'm not opposed to the pink.