Wednesday, September 22, 2010

So is life

*Dinner
Half of me wants to have a toddler tantrum and throw Paul's notebook out the window. Kicking and yelling the words "I hate this". He is never here. Even when he's here...he's not really here.
The other half of me sighs, takes a deep breath and wonders if I really will miss these years? Will I really miss living the college life? I believe people when they tell me this. I know I will.
I will miss the simplicity of life. Life is simple now.
For now, the second half of me is winning. There is peace and joy in my heart.
Although I do fight against the toddler tantrum part of myself regularly.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Cyndi - it is okay to have a pity party every now and again. Hopefully in the end it will all be worth it. Cherish your Sundays together and your FHE's and make sure that you and Paul get a date in every once in a while. You have such an optimistic attitude and I know you guys will do great! We love ya!

Lydia said...

Cyndi just want you to know that I admire you! You are such a good wife and mother. Chad just started school and it has been an adjustment for us.

Kim said...

I did not know that mom's are aloud to throw tantrums. I'm so starting that. Don't feel bad letting it fly every once in a while:)

Steven and Kristin said...

Hang in there. You are an amazing family.

Jay and JoAnn said...

Where is my baby ruthy? I only see a little toddler sitting up to the table. These years will pass slowly while in them, but in 10 years they will have flown by. We love you and remember you in our thoughts and prayers.

Bob and Julie said...

Baaahaaahaaaahaaaaaaaa!!!!

I have no intelligent comment...just think you are so dang funny!!! :) And maybe I'm a little warped to laugh at your pain....hmmmm????

So here's the deal....you are going to have someone you know with little kids have their husband go to graduate school at Purdue....where you were just YESTERDAY...but now you are just laughing at her blog posts....tear, tear. And then you glance at your table of kids....who are now in high school and getting ready to head off to school...and you'll feel even more lonely and sad...yet kind of grateful too. I guess it never ends!! I'm going to take a picture of my table and send it to you! :) Now, that's one pathetic picture! Keep having fun..and I guess even enjoy those lonely tears too!! It's worth it!! You're amazing!!

Sarah said...

I love how real you are! You say it like it is and most people don't- I love it! We have all been there (I think):) Hang in there!