Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It started out...

as a fun family night activity of horsey rides but quickly turned sour when Eden fell off and landed right on her shoulder. After 5 hours in the emergency room, she was discharged with "wings" and pain medication for her broken clavicle. I was worried I over reacted because in the waiting room she was singing, talking and playing..but as soon as they called her name and we walked back to the room she started crying and kept saying, "no, don't touch me". In three weeks she should be back to normal.

11 comments:

Kim said...

Darn it! Poor thing.
Hey, will you post how to make your bows and dresses. I would love a step by step!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear that--poor thing.

Bob and Julie said...

That is sooo sad....I always hear the mom saying to be careful as the dad is bouncing kids around...but, this is actually the first time I've heard of someone getting the "broken bone". Poor Eden. What rotten luck.

I love that you got a new camera....boy, I had a busy week and didn't get on the blogs and got super far behind. I love the picture of the kids cuddling and especially of Eden singing...what a riot!!! American Idol is definitely in her future. I will never get that cute image out of my mind. That is the cutest picture! I also love all your crafts and Paul's football picture. I learned a lot about him! Hee-hee. I'll make sure to have him do some of my sewing the next time I see him.

The Van Leeuwen Family said...

That's so sad! Poor Eden! Hopefully she gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

So Sorry, Poor sweet Eden, it's sweet she was singing in the emergency room, but sad she understands when it's time to make it better...(Dr. wise) We'll be thinking of you.

shelly diaz said...

I'm so sorry for y'all. Let me know if I can do anything to help. It's so sad when the little ones get broken. One time a little girl I was babysitting dislocated her elbow while we were playing ring-around-the-rosie! It's amazing how the most innocuous activities can sometimes end in disaster.

Leah said...

Oh my. Can she move and play? Is she still in any pain? Good luck with these next few weeks!

Holly said...

Oh no Cyndi! It must run in the Ordyna family as both Brigham and McKay have broken their clavicles as well. Poor little lady--your heart just aches for them.

V said...

You are such a good Mom! I think it would be very difficult to determine what situations call for an emergency room. Smart. And thank you for the comment about where to find clothing deals--you have such good ideas!!

Janice said...

Her little face is soo sweet! Get better soon Eden!

Adam and Rachel said...

That is so sad! Sometimes I think it hurts the mommy more to see her baby in pain! We had an experience at the ER too this weekend, and just like Eden, Lyli was singing through it! I love 2-year-olds! And sweet Eden gets angel wings for a little bit!