Monday, June 9, 2008

The day I have been dreading

David can get out of his bed...and Eden's. It all started on Thursday morning. Eden was fully dressed sitting in her crib and the room was covered in diapers and clothes. David was squealing with delight. He had brought Eden some clothes and she had gotten dressed and was ready for the day.

I thought David's climbing ability would provoke Eden to also venture out of her crib. I was wrong, she is perfectly content watching him and telling him what to do through the bars of the crib. Yesterday David climbed up into her crib and they both were jumping with delight. So now what to do? I am torn because I REALLY don't want to take Eden out of the crib...but put David in a bed before Eden? He would never stay put. I ordered a crib tent online. Which means David will go in the crib and Eden will have to be put in a bed. While waiting for the tent to arrive I guess we will shop for a bed and try to stay sane with crazy naps.

11 comments:

Bob and Julie said...

oh my goodness!! Look at that monkey go!! He is amazing. I love how happy he is about his accomplishment! Good luck! One thing we did with Amanda and Nate was just buy a frame and mattress...forget the box spring for a while. Dad made a support for the mattress on the frame by putting a piece of plywood and a couple of support boards (kind of like a bunkbed). Anyway, it was nice because it made it closer to the ground....so, easier for her to get into and not as high up for when she rolled out of bed. Just an idea. Good luck!! Now you get the joy of Eden wandering into your bedroom at all hours of the night :)

*liSa* said...

you have quite the gymnast there. Looks like you and Amber have the acrobats in the family! haha

Holly said...

Oh no! This is horrible! Bring on the crib tent! I love how Eden will still direct from the confines of her crib. You go girl!

Cami said...

That is too funny! The difference between boys and girls? Koby was in a bed at 16 months since Spencer was coming. Spencer was around 18 months because he would climb out of his crib. I figured if I was going to teach him to stay in bed, it may as well be a big bed. Good luck with whatever you do!

Steven and Kristin said...

I know the feeling! Katelyn fell out of the crib once, so she never really tried it again, but starting with Braydon, each child has eventually done it. We struggled with Alyson not too long ago, but she's still in the crib. It just took TONS of walking her back to her room. I even showed her how to climb back in. I do leave the rail down because I figure it's a little safer. I think we were talking to you guys on the phone once while Steven was the one in charge of taking her back to bed. I remember Paul just thinking that was pretty funny. Hmmm. Not so funny now?! Good luck! I'll have to find a picture of a crib tent. Do they work well?

Jay and JoAnn said...

I love the smile on his face, even while drinking his bottle! They are just so dang cute! I loved everyones comments, particularly Julie's about having visitors at all hours of the night. You just love them!! Mom

alisafye said...

I love your blog! It is so fun! Your kids are so cute. Thanks for trying to help with mine. And as for keeping the kids in their cribs/beds--I suggest duct tape.

Jamie said...

I love how David is so proud of himself after getting out of the wooden crib! How can you be frustrated with that proud little grin on his face?? (Just kidding...I'm feeling your frustration. I hate it when you feel like there is no "safe" place you can put your child while you take a shower or something...)

Anonymous said...

That little smart stinker! He figured it out and the expression on his face is priceless! Bring on the BIG BOY bed! Good Luck - maybe in a few months - I'll have some experiences with this too!

SUMMER said...

Neither of my kids figured it out and I hope that Berkley still won't! Oh no David!

Anonymous said...

uh oh! I can't believe how big he is!!!

We miss you guys...looks like you are doing great though! The kids are too, too adorable!

Tell the family hello from us!