This Friday is going to be the saddest day at our house. Our dear friends the Blaus will be moving. Whenever I think about it I get all teary…so I just haven’t been thinking about it. Now that it is here, the sadness has sunk in.
Here’s a tribute to one of the greatest families we know. Who made our move her a breeze with instant friendship and love.

Abby, you are my very best friend. I talk about you at least 3 times a day, which means I have said your name more than 1,000 times. I include you and Sarah in ALL my prayers. I will miss borrowing your Barbie movies, swimming at your house, playing Polly pockets, going for walks with our strollers, thinking every white car is your car, seeing you wave at your window and playing in nursery. I hope you make lots of new friends in Provo. I will miss you.
Love, Eden
Sarah, you are my best friend. You have “saved my life” (as Sarah saids) on many occasions. When I was too little to go up the stairs you would carry me and help me down. You help me up the slide and are always there to catch me. You love to show me new things and get excited when I talk. You would always notice when I am trying to say something and tell my mom. You are going to be a great big sister to your little brother. I will miss you. Love, David
Lisa, you are my dear friend. I have learned the magic of coupons, meal planning, community activities, reading and motherhood from you. Lisa has so many talents. She is awesome with a budget, arts and crafts, listening to others, leading by example, and accepting everyone. She is one of my role models. After the Christmas holiday Sarah had a hard time going back to Pre-K. She told Lisa, “ During school I would just think of your face and start crying. I just missed your face mom.” I think that is the sweetest thing. All my great recipes come from Lisa. She has seen me at my worse (practically every morning in my jammies and messy house) and sometimes at my best. I will miss our chats while the kids play, visiting teaching walks, riding to church and enrichment activities and yummy treats. You have been my go-to Mom for everything. Who can replace you? I wish you all the best in Provo. Love, Cyndi
Ben, you are my best bud. It was nice to have a fellow Mitt supporter. I enjoy talking/arguing about finances and any other crazy topics. You are a wonderful dad and devoted husband. I admire how you never put anything above your family. You are a gifted teacher and an unwavering servant of the Lord. You are one who leads with love. I wish I could be more like you. You just might become a Cougar fan!

4 comments:
I was getting all teary eyed at this post. What a blessing it has been for you to have such a good friend. There is nothing like that when you live far away from home. I hope tomorrow can be manageable for you. love you sis
I was getting eary eyed too! Friends like just don't happen all the time. I want to add my thanks for being such wonderful friends.
Tear up? This made me down-right cry!!! ...and was the breaking point my setting up a blog! I've loved reading yours and Lisa's posts. I've sniffled (happy sniffle) through all of your posts...and this one did me in!
I know how you feel. Except it was us leaving such good friends in Alabama. The wonderful thing is that friendships are eternal, but I know it's just not the same when you can't run over and have them at your fingertips. Good friends are far and few inbetween. We will be praying for a good new family with kids to move into the neighborhood. When one door closes a window opens. Love, Mom
Post a Comment