For the records of my family. I believe in the law of tithing.
"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. " Malachi 3:10
Those words are true and I testify when we pay an honest tithe the Lord blesses us.
In my life I credit most of my blessing from tithing to be spiritual. However recently I am overwhelmed with the little financial blessings that have been poured upon us. One example: a couple weeks ago I made a cash deposit at the bank. I counted the money twice myself. The teller reported that the "counting machine" had calculated an extra $100. Of course I was shocked and lost confidence in my counting skills. As I drove away I knew it was a blessing from paying my tithing.
I am not one to share miraculous stories about myself to boast or showcase my obedience.
Tonight I feel so grateful to Heavenly Father for commandments. They protect and guide us. I do have miraculous stories to share with my children. I want them to know that if they obey the commandments the Lord has given us they will be blessed. I know that to be true.

6 comments:
Good post - What a blessing tithing is. Especially when you are grad students! Ben and I look back on how little we made and we are thankful the Lord took care of us. We never had extra money in the counting machine, but we were always financially okay, which is a miracle as well. What a testimony builder - your kids will love your stories! Oh - and cute picture of Eden.
You are so cute! Thanks for sharing your testimony! Rick and I have felt - lately - the amazing comfort and joy from tithing (spiritually, physically, and financialy). With the times the way that they are we are amazed on all the calls he is getting to do electrical work all over Utah. Lately I hardly see him - but we just keep putting the money in the bank (we have been warned that there are no jobs with his employer scheduled after March) to prepare for the just in case. We are so grateful for the Lord!
This is so true, Cynd. I can't count how many blessings we directly recieve because of this, but every month we hold our breaths, and it is a miracle that we have money to pay our bills. I love it. I can count on blessings coming, though, and it is true that our interests are being looked after. Thanks for the inspiration I need to share my testimony more in my posts!
I completely agree with you girl! Tithing, certainly has attached to it wonderful blessings. Thank you for the reminder.
That's awesome Cyndi. I love hearing about miracles (blessings).
It is so important to remember when these things happen that they are blessings and not just luck or coincidence. Thank you Cyndi!
Post a Comment