Sunday, January 11, 2009

Things we did

Paul went to New Mexico for a few days to help his brother with his bookkeeping. I knew I would be lonely (and scared) without Paul, so Lisa came and stayed with us. It was a blessing.
We found a great deal on a flight and the timing was perfect! What did we do?
1. Gym: my sister is very athletic. She is one tough cookie. After our 2 hour workout on Wednesday, even she was sore...hee hee.2. Play: I know I have adorable children, you don't have to tell me. Of course our family agrees so I didn't have to persuade Lisa to play with the wild ones.
3. Graceland: not only did it stop raining but it was Elvis's birthday. They have strict picture taking rules, however we managed to sneak a few in. Side note: Elvis lovers do not take great pictures. It was amazing the sign is actually in this one. 4. Memphis Zoo: Eden commented in the 'animals of the night' exhibit: "mommy, this is scary for Eden." They mainly wanted to go to the playground, as long as their happy...I'm happy.
5. Taylor Grocery: Famous for their catfish and sharpie signatures, this place is packed every night. It is a shack! The image of what Americans picture when they think of Missisippi. Live folk music, mounted animal heads, wooden doors and the friendliest people around.
Eden had plenty of names to read while going potty.
6. Shopping & The Square: our courthouse reminded Lisa of the clock tower from Back to the Future. We window shopped on the Square and went to a movie.
Last and least...
7. Watching David pick his nose: any ideas on how to get a kid to stop digging for gold mines?

6 comments:

Janelle said...

I actually do have an idea for the nose-picking. I'm ashamed to say that this is what got me to stop picking my nose, but that I was much older. Wrap tape around his fingers. Several layers of it. Masking tape is thicker than normal Scotch tape, so I would recommend that, or something like blue painter's tape.

V said...

Oh! Having my sisters (mom/dad/brothers) visit is the BEST thing in the world.
Lisa has grown up so much since I met her! She is very beautiful.
And I agree the courthouse reminds me of the Back to the Future.

Lisa said...

Oh how fun to have your sis come and visit. It makes me miss you guys tons. She looks like the best aunt and a best friend for you. So glad you had fun.

Jamie said...

While the cat's away...the mice will play! Looks like you guys had a blast! How fun to have your sister come! If we ever make it to Oxford to visit...you'll have to take us to that restaraunt too...I'd love that authentic southern atmosphere! :)

Steven and Kristin said...

You packed a ton of fun into a short time! My favorites are the bathroom wall and little David! You're so funny!

jaordyna said...

So much fun! Aren't you glad we got Paul out of your hair for a little? j/k It was great having him around. Seriously, it was sooo nice of both of you!

Thanks!!