Saturday, April 25, 2009

Finals are like childbirth:

1. You were expecting them.
2. You supposedly are prepared.
3. Just like professors: you sometimes have a love/hate relationship with your nurses and doctor.
4. Keeping all things in perspective they are: quick and painful.
5. Nobody can do it for you.
6. Once it is over there is a sense of overwhelming relief...you feel like you conquered the world.
7. Inevitably you forget the pain the next day.


Stress is a funny thing. It usually leads to exhaustion. Exhaustion that won't let you sleep. During finals we have a pack of Dr. Pepper, candy bars, ice cream and rotting vegetables in the fridge. We ALL want this "baby" to come...to be over with. Paul is holding up SO well. This week I must turn into Mary Poppins...practically perfect. Finals week cannot handle: disagreements, burnt meals, missed naps or dirty towels. It's the least I can do for Mr. Paul. I am so proud of him.

8 comments:

Steven and Kristin said...

I love your analogy! Very true! We wish Paul the best of luck. We wish you the best of luck. One day it will be a memory (until next semester)!

Kelly Fam said...

I love your thoughts on this. I especially loved your refrigerator context. That is awesome.
Hey, aren't your practically perfect anyway, that should be a breeze. Well..... on the other hand..... stress does funny things to us. yeah, your right, you better keep this in perspective

Good Luck Paul!!

Janelle said...

No one can do it for you...unless you have a C-section. You inevitably forget the pain the next day...unless you have a C-section. :)

Kim said...

Girl! You're always Mary Poppins to me:) Paul's a lucky dude.

Lisa said...

Good luck you guys! One more year down - it's going fast, huh?

And, I was just going to title one of my posts "moving is like childbirth" so we are on the same wavelength Cyndi.

Hope you forget it soon and reap the rewards sooner!

Cami said...

Love this post - very cute and clever, as always! Congrats on another girl! Did I tell you that yet? How fun for Eden to have a sis!

Jamie said...

Great comparison! When you put it that way...that are indeed a lot alike!! Very funny Cyndi!

Good luck to you and Paul!

jaordyna said...

What a good wifie!