Thursday, April 30, 2009

baby kicks

April 21, 2009


While sitting on the couch talking to Paul and my dear friend Marianne (who came into town for a few days) I yawned and stretched my arms. I felt a small punch on the right side of my belly. You kicked! First time I could actually tell it was a foot...or arm...or fist (something strong).


April 28, 2009

I was in the shower washing my armpits when suddenly I felt a sharp and alarming stab in my right side. I dropped the soap and bellowed over thinking I had hit something or maybe David had sneaked in and punched me. No, just kicking. I forgot what that feels like.


Two things I learned this week:

1. You are the size of a bell pepper.

2. You kick me when I raise my arms.

8 comments:

Mrs. Wright said...

WOW Cyn,...I've missed a lot! Congrats on having another girl. I can't wait to find out the name. We waited til our baby was born to name him - even then,...not one of the names on our list fit. =0) I never thought that was true til we had him. I'm so excited for you. Now the girls will out # the boys! =0)

Just the 4 of us. said...

how fun! Hope your feeling well. Invite me to your blog so i can stop going on others blog then clicking on yours. ;)my email is jenngriffin04@yahoo.com

Kelly Fam said...

I love baby kicks. Sometimes I think I have "ghost" kicks, then realize it's probably gas (especially after that nasty gallbladder attack). Of course I never got kicked or punched super hard so I loved when I could feel the baby. It was the very best thing about being pregnant!! Enjoy it while you can

*liSa* said...

thanks for the image of washing your armpits! haha
That is so exciting that the baby girl kicked!

Bob and Julie said...

Yes...the armpits was a little too graphic. :) Love how strong these little peppers can be! So fun that you documented it. I wonder who she'll kick first when she gets out...will it be her sister or her brother :)

Rick and Angie said...

Cyndi - everytime I read your blog I can't stop laughing. You have such humor in everything!!! Thanks! When is your due date?

Steven and Kristin said...

She must be one strong little girl to get you to drop the soap! How exciting!

Marianne said...

Size of a bell pepper huh....gosh, what will she do when she's the size of a cantelope....pinapple....or even watermelon!!! So fun!!!