.jpg)
This summer the Ordyna Reunion occurred. The last day of the reunion begins another 2 year anticipated wait for the next one. Literally, we count down the days until we can be together again. We had the time of our lives in Cannon Beach, Oregon. What a glorious big and chaotic family. Isn't it beautiful?

The week started out with the most amazing event. Julie & Bob adopted a precious boy named Derrick who was
sealed to them. He recently was baptized, his testimony is a bright light which cannot be hidden. He is so sweet with children and very interesting to talk to. At the sealing the heavens were opened and the spirit encircled us. There wasn't a dry eye in that room! We stayed with the Tomlinson's for a few days. One day we took Derrick & Amanda to the store. Paul was at Winco (
a totally cheap and awesome grocery store) he was going around saying, "I want this...oh, I want this...oh, I have to try this, etc." Derrick looked at Paul and said,
"Uncle Paul, you need to distinguish between your wants and needs." Then when we were in the car he asked Paul what he did for work. Paul told him he was a student. Derrick was astonished, he said: "How do you pay for things? How do you get money? (
after a brief pause and Paul explaining how we do actually live he said) BUT
how do you pay your taxes?" Ha, don't you just love this kid! He cracks me up and I loved getting to know him. Derrick is now in our family forever. Bob & Julie have been such a great example of love and acceptance. They will do anything (
and I mean anything) for their children.

Nothing stopped us from having a good time.

I have 7 sister-in-laws who are all wonderful. Sometimes Paul will ask me which one is my favorite. I stop and really think, surely I secretly have a favorite, right? Or surely one bugs me, right? Or surely one is strange and I pretend to like, right? WRONG. I cannot pick a favorite, I would list all 7 of them. I absolutely love. I would move next door to any one of them! That saids it all.
.JPG)
Cousins. 31 adorable children and 2 more on their way. The most heart wrenching aspect of living far away from family is separating the cousins. They are so fun to be around. 8 year old Ky (
who reminds me of David) told his parents: "Mom, do you know what you could do to be a better parent? Stop bossing me around!". We love them.
.JPG)
Until 2011 when we can all be together again!
7 comments:
Fun post! I LOVE the picture of Paul stomping in the water...the forever boy. Paul's a super fun dad. My kids TOTALLY loved you guys!! Your stories of that outing with Derrick crack me up. Thanks for all the love and happiness you shared with us. We are so grateful you were able to make it to the sealing. You are WONDERFUL!
Nice smile Cyndi! Your neck looks live a ravine in the grand canyon! Careful your kids could fall in when you are cuddling with them! haha
Looks like you guys had too much fun!I love the picture of everyone, wow!
I totally agree--it was so fun! We too are already looking forward to the next reunion! And I would live next to you in a heartbeat too. In fact, how about a huge cul-de-sac, with Julie's fam, then Lindsey's, then mine, then Julynn's, then yours, then Kristin's, then Jake's, then Jamie's, and of course, Mom & Dad. Life would be perfect then! We love you!
It is even fun to reminisce on your post! Such fun! I agree with you about such great sisters-in-law! I consider myself one lucky person!!!
What??!? You couldn't admit that I'm your favorite?! I'm shocked!
J/K How could there be a fave when everyone's so awesome?
Great post!
I'm so glad the reunion was wonderful!!! What a great place to have it!!! The picture on the beach of everyone is so so cute!!!
Post a Comment