Friday, October 30, 2009

What it has been like with three children

Everyone wants to know how I am handling three children. I would also like to know! I don't feel like I am in my body. I can't remember if I am wearing my pj's or the outfit I choose for the day (they pretty much look the same). I feel squishy and sticky. I am constantly sweating...it's the nursing. Having a bundled newborn attached to you 8 hours a day is extremely hot. I think week 4 is harder than week 1. I start getting cabin fever...but it's still too soon to introduce Ruth to the big world. We have kept the children in and away from sickness. So far we have been extremely blessed with excellent health.

The kids LOVE each other. They ALWAYS want to get their picture taken with Ruth.
Aren't they adorable!

The biggest difference is INDEPENDENCE and MESSES. The kids have taken the liberty of helping themselves. This is a classic example. Before nursing Ruthie I cut some apples w/peanut butter for them to snack on. When I came back downstairs I found this:
-Popcorn popped (notice Eden even put them in separate bowls)
-Gummy worms
-Rootbeer (David broke the fridge lock)
-TV on watching Little Einsteins on their "couch kitchen"
All this leads to messes! Unsupervised kids make HUGE messes...especially mine.

Never mind that milk has been spilled on the floor 345,0543 times. Never mind that we no longer have anything glass in the house. Never mind that every basket gets emptied and transformed into a step stool. Never mind that David ripped the couch with a knife. Never mind their bedtime schedule has gone out the window.

Isn't she just too cute to care?

5 comments:

toni said...

Hang in there! What do I know about 3 kids? NOTHING! I think I'm stopping at 1. Seeing you "seasoned" moms helps me realize i'm not up for that. I do relate to the sleepless nights, though. Sigh. It all passes by so fast. Enjoy it! She's darling, Cyn

Steven and Kristin said...

Ruth is too cute! So are Eden and David! I sure hope it gets easier for you. You're a wonderful mom!

Valerie said...

The saying is, "if you can do three, you can do anything." I am not exactly sure how true that is, but I know that three sort of rocked my world, and four was not a big deal. If it wasn't for that age thing, I would have kept on going! Ruth is adorable, and yes she is absolutely worth every extra mess. I love that you enjoy every minute, you are a smart girl, it goes all too fast! Keep finding the humor in everything, it's what gets you through! Those are three sweet, lucky kids to have a mom like you. Love the cotton field pic. Ohh, to have a cotton field near by . . .

Rick and Angie said...

I agree - she is way to cute to care!!! I am glad you posted this. Even though we will have 2 kids soon and not 3, I can't help but wondering what it will be like...thanks for letting me know!!! :0)

Mrs. Wright said...

Yes,....she is too cute to care! I just want you to know that I think you're an awesome mom!