Thursday, February 28, 2008

For Fun

Around here “fun” can be misconstrued. One second they are screaming, then laughing, then biting, then hugging. When there is a silent pause I never know if it is the calm before David’s piercing shriek or if he has gotten over it and moved on to something else. This started out as a fight, Eden or David trying to take the blanket away from each other. As David had a death grip on it, he realized that he could be dragged across the room. Now fighting for the blanket is a fun game they like to play.

Sometimes kids are like pets!


A funny moment from Eden: this morning in the car Eden was talking to her armless barbie doll with green hair. I was enjoying the silence so I wasn't really listening. After a few minutes I tuned in to what she was telling her barbie.
Eden: "Listen dolly, you need your diaper changed. Lay down, I'll change your poo-poo. Ok?"

7 comments:

V said...

That is hilarious what Eden said! What a spunky little girl. And I think it's so clever that David walked right up to the flashlight and grabbed it!
Question: I love how the text portion of your blog is abt 75% of the width of the screen; how did you do that?

Bob and Julie said...

So funny! I thought Toby our dog was the only one that would chase lights around like that.Hmmmm :) I love the death grip picture too. You have so much fun over there! I want to move in with you guys!!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! Rick and I r laughing so hard! Cute sweetie pie, Eden.

Anonymous said...

Ricks parents dog skippy does the same thing...but Eden is no dog!

Lisa said...

Cindy - that video is so cute! I know just what you mean about quiet time. It is either a really good thing, or it can be really really bad. And Eden changing a doll's diaper? Wait until you have another baby and catch her "nursing". Too funny!

Mrs. Wright said...

Your kids are going to love you when they are older and you show their dates/future companions these videos and pictures you take of them! =-) It always seems to be a bright happy fun filled day at the Ordynas house! Keep it up girl!

Leah said...

This is SO funny! Brinley watched the clip twice. I love your blog Cyndi! I actually do think of you often and sometimes I wish we could go back to the good ole days when the best thing in the world was for us to be allowed to have a sleep over on a week night. I wish we would have had more of those! My kids are the same as yours. Screaming one moment and laughing the next. We should hang out. I know we would rekindle our friendship so quickly if we lived closer. Love you Cyn!