Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bad Day

Today started out with nothing major…I mean typical toddler fiascoes. Eden peed on the carpet (which I discovered after stepping in it) and wrote on the TV and closet door. I have no idea where she got the crayon and still can’t find it! Around lunch time everything fell apart. I started laundry and finished loading the dishwasher. Meanwhile Eden had got into my purse and found some fingernail polish. I turned the corner to discover David holding the open bottle. I ran to him; in reaction he screamed & ran as I picked him up he waved the bottle wildly splashing nail polish everywhere and eventually threw it on the carpet (just past the rug…so on the actual carpet). I scooped them both up and headed to the bathroom. Soon discovering nail polish covering their arms and on Eden’s brand new princess dress Gigi made for her. As I was cleaning up David, Eden knocked down the baby gate into the kitchen and got a pitcher of apple juice out of the fridge. She was attempting to go upstairs and spilled the WHOLE THING on the carpet stairs. I put the kids in their room for naps and attempted to clean up. If you have ever cleaned dark nail polish from any carpet…you know it doesn’t really clean up well. Then I go and check on them (supposedly taking a nap) and find them playing…I mean actually playing in a bunch of poop! Also Eden broke a necklace…while David tried to eat all the beads. Did I mention our ceiling has a wet spot from the upstairs toilet…which I think is leaking from not being properly sealed after laying tile. The wet spots are attracting fruit flies…so those are squirming my laundry room.

Oh boy, I know everyone has had these days. I am not really looking for sympathy (although a little doesn’t hurt :))…just complaining. Maybe reading this will help your day. Sometimes I get sick of reading everyone’s perfect life. I’m just keeping it real!

When the day was all said and done I ate a mini chocolate pie (probably 50 grams of fat), watched a movie and went shopping. All these things didn’t bring as much comfort as getting on my knees and praying. As a mother I don’t do this enough. When I pray for my children the Holy Spirit pours over my body and I know that this job is the most important one I could be doing.



Cute outfits Gigi made for them.

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Cyndi - You poor thing!!! You get my sympathy. I am sorry, but I half laughed and half moaned through the entire post! I have had days and weeks like that - I hope you have a better day tomorrow. If you ever need to drop them off over here for some nail polish carpet cleaning time, just knock (at least for 2 more weeks). Sometimes it is hard to see the silver lining, but you did a great job finding one!

Cami said...

I have to admit I am glad that I am not the only one with days like that. Normally it doesn't all clump into one day like that though! What a bummer of a day. Chocolate, shopping and prayer are great ways to get past it!

Janelle said...

If it makes you feel any better, my little one projectile vomits all over me about once a day (or once every other day), resulting in a need to change clothes and underwear on both our parts, sometimes in the middle of the living room. Does she ever do it on Daddy? Only once so far.

*liSa* said...

Oh Cyndi, i hope i'm not bringing too much sympathy. haha. Oh what a horrible day. i bet it seemed like it never ended. Chocolate, watching a movie and relaxing takes care of everything!
i can't believe Eden and David were playing in POOP. didn't they think it smelled? Kids, you have to cherish the memories!

Kelly Fam said...

oh cyndi,
I almost was crying for you at the end of your story. First for pity (that is not even the right word), and then at the end about praying. You are absolutely right about that. I'm totally with you on keeping it real. Love you!!

Bob and Julie said...

"Bad Day" is an understatement! I don't know how you made it through without screaming. The poop would have been my last straw! I'm lucky that none of my kids ever had the poop fetish. But, I can follow you and cry with the rest of the events. Thank goodness we love em! I agree with the amazing calming and supportive power of prayer. That's the only thing that get's me through some days! You are a wonderful mom. Thanks for the great example!

Anonymous said...

Dear Cyndi
I spilt enamal paint on a carpet and I cleaned it up with paint thinner, I think it was serval years ago if that doesn't work try lacquer it may lighten the carpet a little. I don't remeber ever having that bad of a day with my children but then I don't remember all that happened. Love Grandma

Kristee and Jared said...

Thanks for keeping it real, Cyndi! Glad to know it is not just my toddler who is into trouble.

Jamie said...

What a bad day!!! Doesn't it totally make all the other "normal" days seem like a piece-of-cake?? Hopefully things have improved and you never have another day like that again. It's so much easier to have all the little accidents and incidents spread out over the week, rather than all in one day!

Anonymous said...

Cyndi - don't you wish we had 2 mother's days a year? Let me change that - 5 mother's days a year! And no one's life is perfect! We are FAR from that! I just know when my kids will be your kids age - I'll be crying to you and saying too many prayers for help! Thanks for the example! I have to say - when Bryson has had his reflux as well as colic (when he was 0-4 months) There were so many days - he just would not stop crying. Nothing would soothe him. I had to set him in his crib, walk away, get on my knees and thank my heavenly father for sending me a beautiful son and help me cope with the heartache all at the same time!

Janice said...

Thanks for keeping it real for us. I am glad to hear of someone elses crazy day...we definately had one here today! The videos of david crawling out of the crib is so cute!

V said...

Terrible day...but great post. Thank you for sharing it. That was an unbelievable amount of bad things to happen in one day. I am really sorry about the carpet. =(